Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Soldato
Just been looking over some of the details of this.

To me it just looks like a MW2 add on, with mostly recycled old maps?

Not really sure why this is going to be a full price release, particularly for owners of MW2 given this “carry forward” malarkey.

I mean, fair enough if they want to ditch the annual cycle of releases but don’t come here asking full price for what amounts to a “remastered” map pack and a few new guns.

Someone please tell me I’ve got it all wrong because this just feels like rank profiteering? :confused:

Soldato

Not really sure why this is going to be a full price release, particularly for owners of MW2 given this “carry forward” malarkey.

I mean, fair enough if they want to ditch the annual cycle of releases but don’t come here asking full price for what amounts to a “remastered” map pack and a few new guns.

Someone please tell me I’ve got it all wrong because this just feels like rank profiteering? :confused:
That would add up with the insinuation last year that MW2 wouldn't be a 1 cycle game. How naive of me.

Soldato

It is an MW2 addon, Or it was going to be until Activi$ion changed their minds on it.

Associate
If it still has SBMM then no chance. Just makes the game feel like work instead of having fun. At least without SBMM I don’t feel like I’m going to get punished for having a good game.

Soldato
When is the beta ready to download ?
Probably the day before or on the day of the beta.

Modern Warfare 3 beta weekend 1 (Oct 7-10, PlayStation only)

• Friday, Oct. 6, to Saturday, Oct. 7 (PlayStation early access)
  • Sunday, Oct. 8, to Tuesday, Oct. 10 (PlayStation open beta)

Modern Warfare 3 beta weekend 2 (Oct 12-16, all platforms)

• Thursday, Oct. 12, to Friday, Oct. 13 (PC and Xbox early access, PlayStation open beta)
  • Saturday, Oct. 14, to Monday, Oct. 16 (PC, Xbox, and PlayStation open beta)

I'll use the early access code on Xbox, but will play a bit on PS5 8-10 most likely. Depending on what the rewards for the beta are.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s way more than that, stop talking nonsense

I’m happy to stand corrected if you can outline what makes this release warrant a £70 price tag.

For clarity, my view is thus:

-the entire game is built on MW2, which in turn was built in MW2019. So in terms of coding and development they have done what? Reskinned some old maps and chucked in a few new guns and “gameplay” elements. Sounds suspiciously like Apple iPhone sales tactics.
-it has a limited number of MP maps and they are just old maps made to look pretty (ie no new content). They were also supposed to be released as DLC for MW2 and so we’re likely already made in the MW2 dev cycle.
-it has carry over mechanics that essentially mark it out as a DLC. At the very least MW2 owners should get a discount. Balancing is going to be a train crash.
-it has a campaign, yes, but it is just an afterthought and much shorter than what a full price release should be.
-it has an extensive fix list of things that should have been fixed in MW2 but weren’t. So a we pay full price for a game we already paid full price for to be fixed. Awesome.
-zombies mode is basically going to be the war zone map with AI in.

I’ve bought every CoD going since Advanced Warfare. Won’t be buying this until it’s on offer and priced at what a DLC should be priced at.

If you want to drop £70 on it, that is your prerogative but let’s not kid ourselves into thinking MW3 is anything but a cash grab for recycled content.

Back
Top Bottom