Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
If you're not experiencing crashes or video memory exceeding limits, you don't need to touch this. All it does is set a limit for memory usage for the game - total system VRAM * memory scaling value. Set it too low and its going to be swapping textures from your storage far more often than it should, which will harm performance.

Reducing the memory scaling significantly improved the campaign mode for me. Without it I was getting stutter and freezing every couple of seconds.

Soldato
If you're not experiencing crashes or video memory exceeding limits, you don't need to touch this. All it does is set a limit for memory usage for the game - total system VRAM * memory scaling value. Set it too low and its going to be swapping textures from your storage far more often than it should, which will harm performance.

Yeah I think this was the issue my brother seemed to have. After the season 6 update, it came with a video memory error issue. This seemed to resolve it when he changed it a few weeks back.

Associate
Then you were probably exceeding memory limits, which is why it helped.

Nope...3.5gb used no where near the original limit of 7gb set by the game (and using an 8gb card).

It's a well known fix with the theory that the games memory handling has some bizarre ratio quirks that makes it think it's running out of memory when it clearly isn't.

Associate
Nope...3.5gb used no where near the original limit of 7gb set by the game (and using an 8gb card).

It's a well known fix with the theory that the games memory handling has some bizarre ratio quirks that makes it think it's running out of memory when it clearly isn't.

More likely there is a memory leak problem which this fix puts a bandage on.

Associate
congrats, all I had was people insisting on landing at a bunker or a single scav in the middle of no where, dying immediately and quiting before gulag

Soldato
Love a good bunker, or even better a bunker ambush. Favourite is B7 in the bushes. Wait for people to run out, go to the buy station then 'bam' pistol whip and steal the loadout drop :D

Back
Top Bottom