Call of Duty WWII (CoD 2017?)

Caporegime
Oh yes. TitanFall 2 is absolutely fantastic. It's a massive shame it didn't get the sales it should have because EA released it at such a stupid time.

Yep! Apparently it was seen as a success business wise so it can't have done too badly. Respawn deserve credit for keeping it constantly updated, the DLC has all been fantastic, one of my all time favourite games for sure, the movement and gunplay feels a lot like CoD when the series was actually good.

Soldato
When people say it seems too basic is that in relation to limited kill streaks / perks? Personally, I have been craving the gun on gun simplicity of COD 4 / MW1 since, well, MW2 came out! So that doesn't sound too bad to me but not played it yet.

I'd say it's more basic than those games. The Division system they've gone for is a step backwards for creating a class.

Soldato
Am i the only person who thinks the game is UGLY and uninspired?

I was considering giving COD a chance after a long break, I'm glad i nabbed a code for O2 and saved myself from buying that.

Caporegime
Is it just because it's the BETA that everyone runs around like headless chickens? There seems to be absolutely zero teamwork or is that what COD has become these days? (I haven't played a COD for years).

Soldato
Is it just because it's the BETA that everyone runs around like headless chickens? There seems to be absolutely zero teamwork or is that what COD has become these days? (I haven't played a COD for years).

That's how Cod has been for years. I play domination and 99% of team mates will not help you capture a flag.

Caporegime
OP

I was considering giving COD a chance after a long break, I'm glad i nabbed a code for O2 and saved myself from buying that.

The graphics are rubbish.

The player models in post match screen are awful.

Soldato

You aren't alone. It looks like arse. I think AW and BO3 both look better than this game. As I've said before this game is seriously in need of a new game engine. It's clearly reached it's limits and just looks dated now.

Soldato
When comparing to BF1 its terrible agreed, the scorestreaks are poor and the sponging is so frustrating TTK is far too high. Its like a poor BF1 rip really, i've just typically suited COD's gameplay over BF apart from the last couple of years. I'd hoped this would bring it all back to what i enjoyed about COD but after playing a little more im not so sure.

Caporegime
Fundamentally, CoD hasn't changed in a decade or more. Small maps, kill streaks and nothing revolutionary. When they try something different with the futuristic stuff everyone lambasts them so they go back to basics and then are criticised for being to basic?

Soldato
Fundamentally, CoD hasn't changed in a decade or more. Small maps, kill streaks and nothing revolutionary. When they try something different with the futuristic stuff everyone lambasts them so they go back to basics and then are criticised for being to basic?

I personally enjoyed all the futuristic stuff. I think that's one of the reasons I don't like this; BECAUSE it's too basic.

Soldato
I kind of enjoyed it, My main FPS is R6:Siege so this is a nice change of pace and a good way to let go. It gets me worked up as hell sometimes but I'm not approaching it the same way I do R6 which is a much slower and more methodical game.

Soldato
It was nice to just have some good old fashioned fun, but I gave up after 3 hours and didn't go back all weekend purely down to getting a bit fed up of the same old, same old.. I still look fondly on the old PC days of having large maps, 32-64 players and having large team objectives that led to epic scale battles..

Associate
Personally after getting over the poor visuals, I really enjoyed the beta! The STG44 and the Type 100 are too OP. Was running Airbourne with the Commonwealth (Lee Enfield mk4) using 4x Optic and attachment that reduced sway plus the Type 100 (no attachments) except the ability of Airbourne for Silencer on War and this netted me a very healthy K/D in most games.

Shawrey

Back
Top Bottom