can a TRUE take a delta fan?

Soldato
I orderd a TRUE Rev C as part for build last week, came with the standard 2x fan clips...

It is only the TRUE's that come supplied with a fan that has the polycarbonate fan shroud..

ravc-1.jpg

Infact, I am sure it is only the TRUE RT1366's that come with that shroud, as that version is also rev.c but it is the RT1366 Rev.C.

Off topic, but I just had a look on Thermalright's webpage, and they have a socket LGA1160 listed, does anyone have any idea what chips are going to use this socket?

Check it out

http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_p...ex-1366rt/product_cpu_cooler_1366rt_revc.html

Soldato
LoL... you're not fully understanding what I am trying to say..

There are TRUE's that just come with the LGA1366 mounting gear, and they also come with a fan supplied, they go by the name Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme 1366RT, these are the ones that come with the polycarbonate shrouds, OcUK DON'T have these versions in stock!!!

Look here.

http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/product_page/product_cpu_cooler_1366.html

The first one is the one I am talking about.

Associate
OP
You'll probably burn it out.

yeah, might not risk it. plus, it would be shut inside the case and would be a right PITA to use it :o

i'm assuming OCUK will post tomorrow, card from RM on tues (hopefully) and i'll pick it up on wed. chuck it in there on thurs.

it's a shame that i can't connect the old xp-120. the air blows down onto the mobo cooling everything in the case pretty much.

Soldato
OcUK dont have these versions in stock!!!

Poly shrouds can be purchased for very little £'s if anyone with older models wants to try them out, have 2 on mine however they dont clamp on easy. And yes i failed to read your post in full, just the text above the large pic, so I apologize :p

Soldato
Poly shrouds can be purchased for very little £'s if anyone with older models wants to try them out, have 2 on mine however they dont clamp on easy. And yes i failed to read your post in full, just the text above the large pic, so I apologize :p

LoL, no probs mate, sorry to for all the confusion!!!

I personally think that the fan clips are fine, although they can be a real PITA to fit when you are using 2 sets for push/pull, but once they are on they aren't going anywhere.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Off topic, but I just had a look on Thermalright's webpage, and they have a socket LGA1160 listed, does anyone have any idea what chips are going to use this socket?

LGA1160 became LGA1156, 4 pins that did nothing (Although I remember seeing something about they caused random crashing when a zebra was within 50m ?! (Will Google around to find this again)) were removed.

Ontopic edit: My TRUE came with just the wire clips, was the LGA775/1366 model. Bought about 3 months ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom