Can anyone else not burp?

Associate
I never used to be able to. Then, suddenly one day, about 6 months to a year ago, I started being able to. and now I do loads. it's bit concerning really. like..i'm now 31..so what's changed? hopefully nothing too bad.

Caporegime
If I couldn't have a big belly burp after a Big Mac and chips and ice cold coke, life wouldn't be worth living. That after dinner burp is ridiculously satisfying. Just feeling the release of pressure on your belly. Love it!

Soldato
I had a nissen fundoplication done to correct my acid reflux and it left me with the physical inability to burp for about 6 years. Only recently it has loosened a little and allowed some gas back upwards - Not a full on burp but almost like the sound of the last bits of water going down a plug hole.

On the flip side, the gas has to go out somewhere...... it has led to many years of higher than average farting.

Soldato
i can burp, but rarely is it something that happens naturally and i'd normally need to put in concious effort. does get annoying the combination of needing to avoid fizzy drinks (although i'm one of those weird guys who preferrs the flavour of fizzy drinks after they've been flattened anyway) and excessive farting.

its funny because it's gotten more like this as i've got older, as a child i could burp easily.

Caporegime
i can burp, but rarely is it something that happens naturally and i'd normally need to put in concious effort. does get annoying the combination of needing to avoid fizzy drinks (although i'm one of those weird guys who preferrs the flavour of fizzy drinks after they've been flattened anyway) and excessive farting.

its funny because it's gotten more like this as i've got older, as a child i could burp easily.

I prefer flat fizzy drinks too!

Back
Top Bottom