Can anyone review this letter of complaint for me?

Soldato
I wouldn't bother to send it. What's the point?

Personally as someone who had a very serious car accident a few years ago I can understand the point of the GP. If you want to write a complaint then write it just based on their attitude if thats what you have beef with, because your letter just makes out like you are a hypochondriac wanting more drugs.

Soldato
Isn't it you that's been self-medicating with whatever combination of prescription drugs you feel like at the time for years?

Wouldn't that explain why the normal amount of painkillers he'd prescribe to a normal person isn't doing the trick?

Caporegime
OP
I wouldn't bother to send it. What's the point?

To improve future medical practice as I had stated if you bothered to read it properly?

Personally as someone who had a very serious car accident a few years ago I can understand the point of the GP. If you want to write a complaint then write it just based on their attitude if thats what you have beef with, because your letter just makes out like you are a hypochondriac wanting more drugs.

A hypochondriac is someone who fears they have a serious health problem.

Isn't it you that's been self-medicating with whatever combination of prescription drugs you feel like at the time for years?

I've never self prescribed opiates or other pain killers. Nor is that relevant. If you want to troll this isn't the place for it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
torn ligaments, a friend for life. sport as you know it will not be the same again :/

Not great to hear. :(

People become addicted to strong pain-killers, they are probably withholding them for a good reason, your letter comes across as someone addicted to strong medication demanding more.

Clinical guidelines specifically state that treatment should not be refused based on possibility of addiction.

Last edited:
Permabanned
but if my body does not heal properly, according to my physiotherapist at least, I could have permanently limited movement, muscular pain, and weakness, even so it's still a bit of a dichotomy without pain relief.

How will dosing up on pain killers help?

Caporegime
OP
How will dosing up on pain killers help?

Because physio aggravates pain for a period afterwards and during the treatment session itself.

Kind of is relevant though isn't it?

Man who self-medicates in thinking he knows better than his GP shocker

I'm not claiming to know more than the GP's. Nor am I medicating with painkillers.

Last edited:

AGD

AGD

Soldato
The whole letter reeks of paranoia, hyperbole, and hypochondriac exaggeration. You seem very dependent on painkillers.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Why are you taking that amount daily!

That was what the doctor said was a safe amount to take regularly.

The whole letter reeks of paranoia, hyperbole, and hypochondriac exaggeration. You seem very dependent on painkillers.

I've never used strong opioids outside of a prescription, so that is unfounded.

Last edited:
Soldato
Because physio aggravates pain for a period afterwards and during the treatment session itself.

Anyone will know more than a GP on a specific subject with a little reading, they themselves probably wouldn't deny this. Though in this letter I'm not claiming to know more than the GP's.

It has nothing to do with wanting strong pain killers to combat severe pain, I wouldn't expect you to understand if you have never been in such pain.

Regardless of everything, that letter sounds like it is written by someone who is trying to play the system to get his hands on as much in the way of strong painkillers as possible.

You felt fobbed off with codeine and diazepam for whiplash?

Soldato
To improve future medical practice as I had stated if you bothered to read it properly? And because the GMC told me to?

A hypochondriac is someone who fears they have a serious health problem.

I've never self prescribed opiates or other pain killers. Nor is that relevant. If you want to troll this isn't the place for it.

What have you self medicated?

Anyway to your letter, you speak of collapsing due to shock in an early paragragh! How much blood had you lost? Layman definition of shock and medical definition are somewhat different.

Is there a reason you want opoids and not anti inflmmatories?
What is the source of your pain?

Caporegime
OP
Regardless of everything, that letter sounds like it is written by someone who is trying to play the system to get his hands on as much in the way of strong painkillers as possible.

You felt fobbed off with codeine and diazepam for whiplash?

I had been prescribed codeine which failed to work.

Likewise.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/naivety?q=naivety or http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/ignorance?q=ignorance this. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom