• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can you recommend me my first Nvidia in 20 years RTX 2080

Associate
I will do some research into that for sure, in case I need/want to go that route at some point, it will apply to the supers i guess also.

If they change the PCB on the supers it could mean a wait time for blocks to become available I guess. if you decide to leave it air cooled I would go for one with the best air cooler to save thermal throttle.

Soldato
OP
One thing I will say about Nvidia, their colours are "different". I won't say worse but I prefer the output of AMD cards.
Waaaittt , what ?! lol , is this the thing i read that the rgb settings sometimes get set to 50% in windows display preferences by default, and you have to go and change it manually to 16:16:16 Rbg or whatever it is
Or do you mean the graphics just have a different look to them?
I remember that nvidia graphics looked a bit more cartoony, way back 10 years ago and AMD looked a bit more gritty and realistic in games, is that what you mean?

Associate
If they change the PCB on the supers it could mean a wait time for blocks to become available I guess. if you decide to leave it air cooled I would go for one with the best air cooler to save thermal throttle.
I cant see them changing the PCB's for the super's, just a few more cores and higher clocked memory

Soldato
OP
Have a look how thicc the XC Ultra cooler is mate
https://youtu.be/_2W0zNBTuPE
Yeah I understand what you are saying, geez I havent had this much choice before with Amd cards its just a handful of the usual suspects, sapphire, powercolor e.t.c and jsut a couple of variants, im literally overwhelmed with choices...... thanks for the help though guys

Associate
Yeah I understand what you are saying, geez I havent had this much choice before with Amd cards its just a handful of the usual suspects, sapphire, powercolor e.t.c and jsut a couple of variants, im literally overwhelmed with choices...... thanks for the help though guys
Its only dual fan but its a beast.
Choices choices lol

Soldato
Waaaittt , what ?! lol , is this the thing i read that the rgb settings sometimes get set to 50% in windows display preferences by default, and you have to go and change it manually to 16:16:16 Rbg or whatever it is
Or do you mean the graphics just have a different look to them?
I remember that nvidia graphics looked a bit more cartoony, way back 10 years ago and AMD looked a bit more gritty and realistic in games, is that what you mean?

I would say the colours look a little more muted and IQ is not the same. Some prefer Nvidia's take on things, I think they've probably gained FPS by making sacrifices. No evidence but possibly in the same way MP3 "loses" some data to be more compressed Nvidia do the same with their image processing technology? It certainly gives very good frame rates.

They each have their pros and cons and some won't see any difference, I'd just say they are different takes on the same technology.

Associate
I would say the colours look a little more muted and IQ is not the same. Some prefer Nvidia's take on things, I think they've probably gained FPS by making sacrifices. No evidence but possibly in the same way MP3 "loses" some data to be more compressed Nvidia do the same with their image processing technology? It certainly gives very good frame rates.

They each have their pros and cons and some won't see any difference, I'd just say they are different takes on the same technology.

Have to agree here, the VII just looked that bit better to my eyes.

Its only dual fan but its a beast.
Choices choices lol

dual larger fans could move more air than smaller triple fans

bru

bru

Soldato
No rubbing of eyes mate just enable dlss
Exactly what I was thinking.:p

To be honest as has been said it is the absolute worst time to want to get a new card right now, as prices are about to change, with new from AMD and refresh form NVidia.

Of course if you cannot wait then go ahead. EVGA is a good shout as they have the step up programme and extended warranties available.
Zotac is also a good idea as they have the 5 year warranty (provided you register the card I believe within 28 days)

Personally I would consider a cheap temp card off of a popular auction site to tide you over for a month or so to let the dust settle on the new stuff. or use onboard if you have it. just seen your sig:)

Soldato
OP
Exactly what I was thinking.:p

To be honest as has been said it is the absolute worst time to want to get a new card right now, as prices are about to change, with new from AMD and refresh form NVidia.

Of course if you cannot wait then go ahead. EVGA is a good shout as they have the step up programme and extended warranties available.
Zotac is also a good idea as they have the 5 year warranty (provided you register the card I believe within 28 days)

Personally I would consider a cheap temp card off of a popular auction site to tide you over for a month or so to let the dust settle on the new stuff. or use onboard if you have it. just seen your sig:)
I will buy a cheap one and send it back in a couple of weeks, I just really want to try the green side after 20 years of amd, have a look at rtx then decide what to do when super comes, to get it or stay with the 2080 until next year when things might look a bit better for all teams including intel

Caporegime
One thing I will say about Nvidia, their colours are "different". I won't say worse but I prefer the output of AMD cards.

AMD cards have more colour at default, as i found when going to Nvidia, that they were less colourful, the colours looked washed out, but once id upped the Digital Vibrance a bit, they looked exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom