Can you reheat chinese?

Soldato
Amp34 said:
The problem with steaming rice is that it takes so long. I was taught the proper Iranian (I know Iran isn't really classed as oriental but they still eat a lot of rice!) way of cooking rice, it's nice but it takes a couple of hours to cook, compare that to 15 minutes in a pan and you get the idea. I also have an indian housemate who boils his rice, for the same reason, it takes way too long otherwise. :)

Aye! but streaming helps you from getting food poisoning if you need to reheating as its all fuffy. I'm not sure and all how Asian's cook their rice, but often I found rice thats been boiled is still uncooked in the middle. I just spoke to a caribbean lady who works here and she says they cook it in the same way as Orientals and she was shocked to see how white people cook their rice.

Streaming rice does take longer, but theres stream cookers that speed things up and you can just leave it, while you cook the rest of the meal.

Caporegime
slinxy said:
Aye! but streaming helps you from getting food poisoning if you need to reheating as its all fuffy. I'm not sure and all how Asian's cook their rice, but often I found rice thats been boiled is still uncooked in the middle. I just spoke to a caribbean lady who works here and she says they cook it in the same way as Orientals and she was shocked to see how white people cook their rice.

Streaming rice does take longer, but theres stream cookers that speed things up and you can just leave it, while you cook the rest of the meal.

steaming rice makes no difference to the chances of getting food poisoning from it.

The only way to guarantee that with rice would be to pressure cook it at around 150*C in 2-4 atmospheres for 40 minutes or more to kill the spores.

Soldato
Megahurtz400 said:
I MEANT OVEN!!
DO NOT PUT THEM IN MICROWAVE IN METAL THINGYS!!

Infact as long as you are careful, you can put metal in the microwave oven - think about what the sides inside are made out of ;)

theres a few things you have to be careful with though, like the metal casts a microwave 'shadow' so and if everything is in shadow its like running it empty which can be bad for some microwaves (particulaly older ones I beleive, newer ones I think have more thought put into the wave guides to prevent the magnatron being exposed to large amounts of unabsorbed microwaves. Also anything metal and pointy, or metal close to other pieces of metal increases the chance of drawing an arc inside the oven :p

Permabanned
Adam_151 said:
Infact as long as you are careful, you can put metal in the microwave oven - think about what the sides inside are made out of ;)

I was horrified to find that my grandfather had been putting ready meals that came in metal containers into the microwave... I was wondering how he'd managed not to blow the place up!!

Back
Top Bottom