Cant decided what to do regarding my poorly/now fixed Audi A7

In all fairness the only candidate to swap my E43 to (in my brain) is a L450H. They are like £35k ish starting price, and have a 10 year warranty if you do the bare minimum.

Why shouldn't I?

L450h?

Do you mean LS 500h? I really like them but not many around. £40-50k for a 3-4 year old one.

There only issue I can see is that Audi see fit to charge £1500+ (Probably getting on for 2k by the time they’ve included labour and other add-ons) and taken a month to resolve what appears to amount to an alternator failure.

and when the warranty has run out take it too an indy for a fraction of the price.

Because you haven't given up on life yet?
we’re talking Lexus vs Audi A7 not Lexus vs lotus Elise. I’d much rather have something reliable, well built and with epic warranty than a known unreliable Audi that every average joe thinks is amazing.. personally, if my new car was sitting at work shop and getting £1500 bills after a year for failing parts I’d be annoyed af and would want something else asap.

Hybrid system reads crossover system to me and that just means added complexity. Nothing wrong with that, but warranty seems a necessity. When these kind of cars get older with more miles, can't see many buyers wanting to go anywhere near them.

Hybrid system reads crossover system to me and that just means added complexity. Nothing wrong with that, but warranty seems a necessity. When these kind of cars get older with more miles, can't see many buyers wanting to go anywhere near them.
With an Audi yes lol. Lexus for e.g has had their gs450h Lexus for like what, 14-16 years now? And they’re running fine with often no repairs

My A7 is only mild hybrid so no electric to the wheels at all just aids the start/stop system.

And the month for the parts although very frustrating is the unfortunate world we are living in, everything is on back order!

Have decided to keep it and pony up for the Audi extended warranty. There is zero out there that takes my fancy without spending a lot more money on a replacement.

we’re talking Lexus vs Audi A7 not Lexus vs lotus Elise. I’d much rather have something reliable, well built and with epic warranty than a known unreliable Audi that every average joe thinks is amazing.. personally, if my new car was sitting at work shop and getting £1500 bills after a year for failing parts I’d be annoyed af and would want something else asap.

That's not what I meant, I agree with your point wholeheartedly, I just don't think Lockers is old enough to justify a grandad car yet.

That’s a hard one, as once you have lost faith in a car it’s very hard to trust it won’t breakdown again. Taking the current market and cars values still high. If you can afford the warranty it might be worth it.

I have this dilemma with my daily. It got 2 issues within a year which needed the AA. But now I've fixed it up and it has a load of new parts on it. I wanted to sell it but I won't get the money back so I might as well keep it.

You could buy another one, get problems and have to do it all again.

Back
Top Bottom