Captain Marvel (2019)

D3K

D3K

Soldato
It was a crap film.

Only watched it in the cinema because I was desperate to see Endgame and this wasn't popping up on torrents anywhere.

Soldato
Great film, anyone saying it was crap either doesn't watch marvel films or doesn't like these sorts of films.

And, it's done well, it's still being showed in my local cinema, so what's that? Like a month+ at the cinema now?

Yeah, how come Marvel is still playing since March and Endgame ends this Thursday?

Soldato
Yeah, how come Marvel is still playing since March and Endgame ends this Thursday?

Endgame doesn't end this Thursday. If it's not showing in you cinema that's because they haven't set all their sceenings for next week yet, most do this Monday-Wednesday as they base how many showings are needed on how well it has done.

Most big films will have a run of 6-8 weeks, if not more at the big multiplexes. Bohemian Rhapsody was silll being shown a month ago. :)

Soldato
Endgame doesn't end this Thursday. If it's not showing in you cinema that's because they haven't set all their sceenings for next week yet, most do this Monday-Wednesday as they base how many showings are needed on how well it has done.

Most big films will have a run of 6-8 weeks, if not more at the big multiplexes. Bohemian Rhapsody was silll being shown a month ago. :)

Phew!! That's good, as I wanted to see it this weekend

Associate
Great film, anyone saying it was crap either doesn't watch marvel films or doesn't like these sorts of films.

And, it's done well, it's still being showed in my local cinema, so what's that? Like a month+ at the cinema now?

Care to elaborate?

Nothing at all to do with not watching Marvel films, I've watched them all and I like Marvel films, this was crap compared to the others I've seen. Nothing will match Iron Man for me, it all seems to be copy and paste now with Marvel. Here are a few points:

• Character development was awful
  • Has a horribly miscast lead hero who is also poorly written and badly acted with no emotional value
  • She wasn't likable
  • She mistakes sarcasm and arrogance for strength and confidence
  • Mediocre at best fight scenes
  • Has a weak character arc, the hero doesn't struggle enough to discover her powers and then has totally OP powers and THEN doesn't fully use them against a certain person
  • Deflated the possibility of having Skrulls as villains for upcoming films
  • Ruins MCU continuity
  • Nick Fury has a personality transplant
  • Exasperates
  • Forced humour
  • Weak CGI
  • Too much feminism
Crap acting, crap directing, crap script, it was just bad overall, it was a disservice to the fans. You must have been watching a different movie to me, this is what Marvel has become now? it was crap. Plenty of other people saying the same thing too which must hold some basis of truth.

End of story.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nothing at all to do with not watching Marvel films, I've watched them all and I like Marvel films, this was crap compared to the others I've seen. Nothing will match Iron Man for me, it all seems to be copy and paste now with Marvel. Here are a few points:

• Character development was awful
  • Has a horribly miscast lead hero who is also poorly written and badly acted with no emotional value
  • She wasn't likable
  • She mistakes sarcasm and arrogance for strength and confidence
  • Mediocre at best fight scenes
  • Has a weak character arc, the hero doesn't struggle enough to discover her powers and then has totally OP powers and THEN doesn't fully use them against a certain person
  • Deflated the possibility of having Skrulls as villains for upcoming films
  • Ruins MCU continuity
  • Nick Fury has a personality transplant
  • Exasperates
  • Forced humour
  • Weak CGI
  • Too much feminism
Crap acting, crap directing, crap script, it was just bad overall, it was a disservice to the fans. You must have been watching a different movie to me, this is what Marvel has become now? it was crap. Plenty of other people saying the same thing too which must hold some basis of truth.

End of story.
Sounds like you have a beef with feminism and Brie Larsson tbh.

Marvel films have become so successful though that Disney will be very careful to not take any major risks. Captain Marvel wasn't a risk. At all.

Soldato
there are quite a lot of really good female characters in the mcu - unfortunately captain marvel isn't one of them.
Maybe they can rectify that with future movies and a better team of writers, but at the moment she is very arrogant and unlikable.

Associate
Sounds like you have a beef with feminism and Brie Larsson tbh.

Marvel films have become so successful though that Disney will be very careful to not take any major risks. Captain Marvel wasn't a risk. At all.

I don't particularly really care about feminism but Brie Larson a was wrong choice for the role.

Soldato
I think Larson is wrong for the role, at the minute...
Remember she has lived with aliens for a while having lost her memory so how she behaves could be down to that, once shes been around for a while she might change, if she doesnt, then yeah, she sucks lol

Soldato
I found Larson dreadfully miscast. Smug and dull, she looked like she really didn't want to be there or care about the role, and she played it very unlikable and bland. Very little on-screen presence or charisma.

JJ Abrams went back and did reshoots on Trek when the initial screenings had people saying they liked the movie, but that Kirk came across as an unlikable ass. Marvel should have gone back and done reshoots of Captain Marvel for the same reasons, just to allow the audience to connect with her on some level. She didn't even have a journey arc for her character in any meaningful sense. It's a shame, as she's potentially a terrific character that I like, but the portrayal in the MCU just doesn't work beyond the special effects and fight scenes.

The 80's songs thrown in there was just service to the current fad, but the No Doubt "I'm Just A Girl" fight scene was cringeworthy.

I also didn't like how they threw away the Skrull. They are supposed to be some of the most fearsome foes of the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, and to a lesser degree the X-Men. Instead we get a rabble of poor misunderstood refugees we are supposed to feel sorry for.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I found Larson dreadfully miscast. Smug and dull, she looked like she really didn't want to be there or care about the role, and she played it very unlikable and bland. Very little on-screen presence or charisma.

JJ Abrams went back and did reshoots on Trek when the initial screenings had people saying they liked the movie, but that Kirk came across as an unlikable ass. Marvel should have gone back and done reshoots of Captain Marvel for the same reasons, just to allow the audience to connect with her on some level. She didn't even have a journey arc for her character in any meaningful sense. It's a shame, as she's potentially a terrific character that I like, but the portrayal in the MCU just doesn't work beyond the special effects and fight scenes.

The 80's songs thrown in there was just service to the current fad, but the No Doubt "I'm Just A Girl" fight scene was cringeworthy.

I also didn't like how they threw away the Skrull. They are supposed to be some of the most fearsome foes of the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, and to a lesser degree the X-Men. Instead we get a rabble of poor misunderstood refugees we are supposed to feel sorry for.

The Skrill, perhaps it's early days? In terms of their screen time.

Wife liked the song, don't see the issue personally.

Back
Top Bottom