Captain Marvel (2019)

Soldato
... And me but I'm wondering if it's super-hero fatigue setting in?

They are running the risk of going visual effects > characters/story, how they did with GotG 2 (just). I don't know how Larson can make such an exciting and deep character as Danvers/Marvel feel so bland. I hope she does better in the full movie. She should have as much charisma as Thor or Tony Stark. She should have an amazing presence, but it's not coming across in the trailers. Maybe it's because it's her origin story and we'll get a more established Captain Marvel in Infinity War 2?

The rest of it looks awesome. I love the energy effects as she's flying and fighting when powered up. The physical interpretation of Marvel is very good, it's the characterisation of her personality that's leaving me cold.

Last edited:
Soldato
They're all in meltdown with talk of a confrontation with Thanos with little or next to no consideration of the difficulty she was having trading blows with the Skrull she encounters on the bus?

It's all becoming too much hyperbole from Captain Marvel for me. I don't mean to be so negative about it either.

Caporegime
They're all in meltdown with talk of a confrontation with Thanos with little or next to no consideration of the difficulty she was having trading blows with the Skrull she encounters on the bus?

It's all becoming too much hyperbole from Captain Marvel for me. I don't mean to be so negative about it either.

It's the usual super hero strength conundrum. Their powers are directly proportional to the enemy they're fighting - I'm almost surprised there isn't an established theory that their power is somehow regulated by an outside force so they cannot take over the world individually...

Examples off the top of my head are things like Captain America's fight with random guy no 22 on the boat in Winter Soldier. He can throw people tens of feet and is super strong, fast and fit, but a soldier with martial arts experience can hold his own against him, even tiring him out..

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Never enough superhero tbh :)

Really looking forward to it. They have all beem good, not a bad film amongst them just an order of excellence.

Soldato
OP
Looks like it's shaping up to be good. About time we had another superhero that has some serious powers. Although I do realise that they have to be careful with how they handle the powers of the more powerful heroes, otherwise the movies would be 10 minutes at most. :D

Soldato
Announcing a sequel to Homecoming, was an Avengers 4 spoiler.

Either he gets returned to how he was, or there is going to be a film starring a spider suit and a pile of dust. :p

Back
Top Bottom