Car accident

Soldato
Had call sat morning from police. A guy had crashed his car into mine and another while mine was parked in the street in a parking bay.

Went to see it. Guy and police there. Back of my car smashed on right hand side, light, bumper torn off partially, underside squashed, side panel dented.

Now, guy was driving a mobility vehicle and he said he blacked out.

Police took breath test, negative. No charges etc.

Took all details.

I rang his insurance and they said if he had a blackout he not / they not liable!!

They said i may have to claim through my insurance!!!! Cant believe that.

Have to wait now to see what his insurance say as he not contacted them yet about the incident.

Anyone been through this type of incident?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks guys.

I was just miffed when his insurance told me liability may not be declared in the matter. Whats the point of insurance then? Why should i suffer because of that?

My insurance told me in all likelihood his insurance would realise that liability falls on them as they would have to cover the individual getting numerous tests etc etc....which may happen anyway!

I still 'think' he was in all probability on his mobile when he swerved into my car and the other next to me. I should have mentioned it to the copper. He could have searched his car. He just seemed to side with what the guy told him. He even gave him a lift home! Lol

Soldato
OP
Right, but the alternative is you pay to fix your own car. How much have you paid on insurance to-date and how much does this single repair cost? Do the maths and see if you still think it is poor value...

I dont disagree with you at all. I just believe my insurance will go up yet again even though this accident was no fault of my own.

Soldato
OP
how do you know he was?

You weren’t even on scene when the crash happened, you came out after he crashed. The dudes claiming he had a blackout, do you think he lied? Why?

If someone genuinely had a blackout and crashes into several cars dont you think they would be taken to hospital for check up etc? Wouldnt you be concerned if you had a blackout of which you never had before?

I saw and spoke to the guy. He didnt look like he had just blacked out! He seemed very coy too.

Soldato
OP
I’d be very concerned, how do you know he wasn’t taken home to be given a lift by someone to a hospital?

What were you expecting, a guy walking, conscious and breathing to be air lifted on a cat 1 ambulance to the nearest ER? Have you seen ambulance response times these days?

Coy? He’s just had a car accident. Pray tell, how was he supposed to be ‘acting?’ How does someone who has just blacked out act?

I just hope that if you ever have something unfortunate happen to you, your dealt with respect and kindness by officers.

Or at the very least, who ever does deal with you, doesn’t have the stones to actually start throwing around accusations and instead just sits back and let’s what ever happened happen instead of kicking up a fuss despite them thinking some foul play had occurred despite no evidence of it.

Sorry, i didnt realise you were related to him...:rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Update:

His insurance rang me earlier to say they have done some investigating and they are accepting liability.

My car is in the repair place now and i have a courtesy car. Got to see what they decide regarding repairs to mine...

Soldato
OP
Parking on the road will always have an increased risk element. The fact that someone has now crashed into your car parked on the road could be argued that there's an increased risk of it happening again - road may be poorly lit, or be more challenging to navigate, or a myriad of other reasons.

Or, he was on his phone...

Back
Top Bottom