*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Underboss
OP
I have three batteries, but only really tend to use two for a proper clean which requires a lot of rinsing. Two are the 4ah official batteries, another a third party 5ah battery off eBay that definitely doesn't last as long as the official battery despite claiming a higher capacity.

The proper clean has a lot of use of the PW because there's rinsing the wheels after pre-wash, rinsing them and arches after the contact wash, applying snow foam via lance, rinsing, contact wash on bodywork, rinse. Might the occasional additional rinse if using chemical decontamination products.

I don't think I've ever used more than the two batteries, I have three because the 3rd party one was initially temperamental and Greenworks had a black Friday sale on their direct to consumer website.

Thanks
Good information

I saw a video from Australia, he stripped a genuine and an ebay battery and the results were shocking, I'd never buy a 3rd party battery as they are poorly made , don't fit properly, poor welds etc and only lasted about 3 charge cycles but on par with running time

Underboss
OP
i think i got everything i need

as you can see im missing 1 more cloth for the polish buff stage

i think im going to have to use another one that i have for the the clay buff stage, either that, or I use a cheap generic one ?

R3k1M5I.jpg

Rinseless wash with UBS

Dry
Clay with block
Eagle Edgeless to buff
Polish with hand applicator
Hydro 2o Spray sealant and ill use my battery sprayer to activate it

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
really ?

I'm following the instruction video for that particular clay lube

oh and i don't have fall out remover, this is the only opptunity i have before the winter really

dont have a machine to polish , doing it by hand

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
I've always done a quick single bucket wash after claying. Doesn't have to be a mega wash as the car will be pretty clean already and the car will be polished afterwards anyway. Would like a DA polisher as I still polish by hand, too. Also want a pressure washer as well, but the old BMWs keep wanting new parts so all the detailing toys get pushed back!

E46 has its long overdue MOT on Wednesday, so I'd like to give that a wash as it'll need all the help it can get. Need to find the time after work tomorrow.

Forensic Detailing released a video today about the disappearance of a cheap Turtle Wax product I liked - Dry & Shine. I remember that stuff was still going strong on the lower half of my car after three months of salt/rain and weekly washes. All I did to apply it was spray and rinse. It was half the price of Seal & Shine at one point. Current go to is Bouncers Done & Dusted SI, which doesn't last anywhere near as long, but really easy to use and a good finish. I think that entire company may have ceased making new products, so I'll have to find an alternative to that as well. Could return to Wet Coat, I suppose.

i use the carpro Hyro2o (see my photo above , right) its a ceramic spray on , rinse off

Underboss
OP
amazing difference after you clay it, feels silky smooth its nuts!
it really pops now, well worth the time and effort
around 3-4 hours work that was all

ill be doing the wheels tomorrow, door shuts and wheel arches and grills , exhaust tips

assuming i can use 0000 grade wool with autosol ? on the exhaust

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
ah you got a half way house

Car Wash >Valeter > Detailer

get what you pay for :p

on a serious note, did you not discus this with him ? (ive not seen the video) if hes a pro detailer / Valeter he should know how to do what your asking us ?

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
just a thumbs up here for a company called "Carbon Collective"

My battery sprayer wasn't working properly (air leak i think) only used it a couple of times

I contacted In 2 Detailing where i purchased it from, no reply

i then found the receipt , so i contacted Carbon Collective directly and they said they would repair or replace and asked me to send them a copy of the invoice, which i took a photo of and emailed it to them.

They replied saying they would replace it

so i now have a brand new sprayer coming today free of charge :)

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
no idea

i have this one :

Hmm, CC don't have it listed on their website anymore

Underboss
OP
I went for the IK Foam Pro 2+ and a battery powered compressor.

UpBoost Ultra | 2023 Smart Portable Tyre Inflator | 7800mAh Battery, 3.2'' Large HD Screen,90W Motor,150PSI | Cordless Rechargeable Tyre Pump Air Compressor 12V | Bike Pump For Tyres,Car,Bikes & Balls https://amzn.eu/d/1ThXHah

nice

prefer mine if I'm honest

as i can use it as a foamer or Sprayer
and it constantly pumps as i go around the car, i never need to stop

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom