*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Underboss
OP
BH wheel cleaner is really an iron remover, its VERY good

xhYMsru.jpg

6SLWqwX.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Always enjoy seeing a good Before and After, it’s come up wonderfully… paintwork does indeed look super glossy and well looked after.

I’m glad you found it great to work with, it’s very un-fussy I’ve found and results speak for themselves :)

I also just rinsed it off with a normal hose and no jet wash.

The back lasts about 30 seconds in the rain before it looks dirty again.

R8yPcAB.jpeg

Soldato
Car washed as by the usual regime but this time round I finished off with Autofinesse Tripple polish/ wax. Lovely glossy finish. Made a slight boo boo that I only noticed when I’d finished - there were some fine water smears that I hadn’t fully wiped off and are now sealed under the coating. Can only see them at certain angles so I’m not too bothered. Annoying though!

Soldato
Love the colour of that car. Got my eyes on a clubman at the moment as a second car.

There’s one with really decent spec but it’s black. Would ideally have a silver/grey/red/burgundy
Yeah I wasn't sure at first of pure burgundy with the melting silver roof but when I saw it in person it looked good. Especially with the light leather. Ibahd to travel 250 miles to secure this one.

Are you after a manual or auto? I'll keep a lookout.

Soldato
Yeah I wasn't sure at first of pure burgundy with the melting silver roof but when I saw it in person it looked good. Especially with the light leather. Ibahd to travel 250 miles to secure this one.

Are you after a manual or auto? I'll keep a lookout.

Manual - really not a fan of torque converters.

I can just about tolerate the PDK in non sport mode, which it isn’t often in :p

<15K, only musts are HK, LED headlights and XL nav.

There are two I’m looking at at the moment but ideally would have a lighter colour.

Underboss
OP
as you know i did a deep clean 3 weeks ago
today i recleaned it

30 mins it took

First spray the car down with rinseless wash at a higher ratio as per instructions

Rinseless wash on Glass, body and wheels
what i had left i used to clean the tyres
towel dried entire car

done in 30 mins

night before :

i made up a rinseless wash solution 5 Litres in a jerry can
and a rinsless wash solution (higher ratio) in a spray bottle
got bucket with grit guard, drying towel and cloth and brush all ready

then i can just go out and do the above

I wont be buying infinity wax waterless wash again though, car does look clean but its not really, awful product

i had car pro before, that was much better
going to get the DIY detail a go next

Last edited:
Associate
as you know i did a deep clean 3 weeks ago
today i recleaned it

30 mins it took

First spray the car down with rinseless wash at a higher ratio as per instructions

Rinseless wash on Glass, body and wheels
what i had left i used to clean the tyres
towel dried entire car

done in 30 mins

night before :

i made up a rinseless wash solution 5 Litres in a jerry can
and a rinsless wash solution (higher ratio) in a spray bottle
got bucket with grit guard, drying towel and cloth and brush all ready

then i can just go out and do the above

I wont be buying infinity wax waterless wash again though, car does look clean but its not really, awful product

i had car pro before, that was much better
going to get the DIY detail a go next

Like this approach and cheers for outlining steps times and feedback on product.

Must have felt like less faff also without a hose, pressure washer and equipment galore?

Underboss
OP
Like this approach and cheers for outlining steps times and feedback on product.

Must have felt like less faff also without a hose, pressure washer and equipment galore?
Yeah
This what I normally do

So much quicker etc

It's nice when there's protection on the car, makes it easier to keep clean by just doing this

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
My neighbour has enough car cleaning equipment to open up a detailing business, so I borrowed his car dryer yesterday and wow what a difference! I'm not going to buy one for over £300 like he did, so what do you guys recommend?

-edit, his is a Blo AIR-GT. As nice as it was, seems excessive for my needs

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
My neighbour has enough car cleaning equipment to open up a detailing business, so I borrowed his car dryer yesterday and wow what a difference! I'm not going to buy one for over £300 like he did, so what do you guys recommend?

Vacuum cleaner with a blower function. It'll be cheaper, because it isn't a "detailing product", and has dual functionality.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
OK so basically you're suggesting not buying one at all, understood :D

I have a petrol-powered leaf blower, but that seems excessive for drying a car. But then I guess so would spending £100+ on a "detailing" product....

Soldato

-edit, his is a Blo AIR-GT. As nice as it was, seems excessive for my needs
Last year, I plashed out on a Metrovac AirDuster for my PC, as I was tired of buying the disposable cans of air. It's incredibly powerful, and I'm thinking about pressing it into service for drying the car. It might not be ideal for such a large surface area, but it would be great to blast the water out of nooks and crannies like side mirrors, doorshuts, etc - all the places you find those annoying rivulets of water appearing from the moment you think you've finished and put the drying towel away.

On the subject of drying, I think I'm going to need to find a water spot remover. I've only ever used filter water for rinsing the car, but still have what appears to be water spots appearing, which I think have come from rainwater. Even after a wash and dry, you can still see them in the right light, which is bugging me.
As I've got their Crystal Serum ceramic coating, I tend to stick to Gtechniq products now and see they do W9, a water spot remover.

Anyone used this with any success, or any other removal products? My biggest concern is that it appears you are meant to spray these products on a dry surface and then wipe them off. I always feel like any procedure like that risks swirl marks, but I've never used such a product before.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OK so basically you're suggesting not buying one at all, understood :D

I have a petrol-powered leaf blower, but that seems excessive for drying a car. But then I guess so would spending £100+ on a "detailing" product....

I wouldn't buy a vacuum with a blower, probably won't be quite as powerful.

Buy something like this, virtually identical components inside to a detailing one, just not paying the detailing tax. It's what you'll find most people recommend on detailing forums

I paid £200+ for one of the Big Boi products, that truth be told, is probably the same as the above, just rebranded :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom