Carabao Cup - Semi Final ** Spoilers ** [8/9/22 January 2019]

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Got to feel sorry for burton

We-e-e-ell...

On the one hand, we knew going in that we had no chance. So a pasting was to be expected. On the other hand, did City really need to push for that level of pasting? I mean, there's controlling a game and having fun, and then there's whatever that was tonight. Whatever makes them feel good about themselves I guess - big whoop, sticking nine past a side that are 55 places lower in the League...

Man of Honour
Why does that mean they have no class? People always tune in and hope for an upset, so why is it such an outrage when the 'lesser' team get a pasting instead?

Soldato
That's my feelings aswell but I always thought city had no class but hey ho like you say what ever makes them happy

Are you for real, they have to play who's put in front of them and are you seriously suggesting that after going 1 nil up they should have just passed the ball around at the back for 85 minutes 'so as not to embarrass' Burton.

Surely the onus was on Burton to not allow themselves to be embarrassed, a feat they so spectacularly failed to do

fez

fez

Caporegime
I've always wondered how much a team is told to take their foot off the pedal when they go in at 5-0 or something like that at half time. A lot of 6 or 7 goal wins come from a massive first half and a tame second. Whether that is tactical changes from the losing team or what, I don't know but its a bit odd.

Soldato
Are you for real, they have to play who's put in front of them and are you seriously suggesting that after going 1 nil up they should have just passed the ball around at the back for 85 minutes 'so as not to embarrass' Burton.

Surely the onus was on Burton to not allow themselves to be embarrassed, a feat they so spectacularly failed to do
I didn't say 1 nil up they should sit back did I so don't put words in my mouth and yes they can only play who's put in front of them. But felt sorry for Burton to be honest they have to pick themselves up after that defeat

Soldato
City did nothing wrong, and it was not direspecting Burton. Disrepect woul dhave been city playing keepsy withthe ball and walking around. The onus was on Burton to not let themselves get smashed about. They failed, it's football. I hope city smash another 9 past them in the return leg with their under 21's just to rile up idiots like that ginger moron Adrian I talk crap Durham.

Caporegime
Llorente is so bad, all he can do is score against league one clubs. Heads dropped after the first goal, before that it was fairly even and quite niggly.

Back
Top Bottom