Carabao Cup - Third Round ** Spoilers ** [26th - 27nd September 2023]

Soldato
He's had to defend twice. The first time he got played around like he was standing still, second he put in a tackle. Hardly a MOTM performance.

There hasn't been a palace player in our half for 90% of the game.
Its been pathetic from them tbh. Why they would "rest" players in a competition they have a chance of winning for one they dont is beyond me.

Caporegime
I’ve never understood this mindset in a cup game? To be honest I’ve never understood it when there’s 10 minutes to go and a team is losing 1-0, surely it’s better to risk getting 1-1 than just accepting the loss?

Especially this season considering how woeful Luton and Sheffield are. You will not get a season like that again. All these smaller teams should be going all out for a cup run.

Especially when the likes of Leicester come back up or even old firm clubs like Ipswich, Sunderland etc. It will be a lot more competitive next season.

Soldato
I googled heat maps for player tonight and came across Sofascore. I have heard of it but never actually visited the site. Wow, what a wealth of information on everything.
Sofascore is brilliant, i like the attacking momentum charts. The average positions is handy aswell. I do think the player ratings can be a bit skewed though.

Soldato
The 'hybrid' rb/cm role for him will be a proper test of what he's got. Looking forward to the game, nice to have a decent 2nd team regardless

Back
Top Bottom