Carlogical Derby Avoid!!!

Soldato
Was after a Mk4 mondeo, rang this place in Derby. Car seemed nice enough priced ok at £2500. Got there was a back street garage. Wait 20 mins to turn up. 2 wide boys were there. The car was nice enough but was the first mk4 mondeo I had driven. Went on test drive all seemed good but wanted to try another one just to be sure all ok. They put the hard sale on me at this point instincts tell me to run instantly. Told them would call in the morning and litterally got told to **** off and i'm a c-bomb. Then the cheeky so and so rang me back pretending to be someone else at the company. Luckily I am not the smallest guy in the world but could see people being seriously intimidated by this. Avoid Avoid.

In the end I found a much nicer titanium x locally sold by an honest gentleman for a lower price.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Normally over here its Asian car sellers that are really rude and dodgy for some reason.

I have no idea why.

We all avoid them as much as we can, I think they must end up selling only to their friends or something.

Soldato
That reminds me of someone I phoned to enquire about an M3 he was selling. Everytime I tried to make an appointment, he would be unavailable which was fair enough but one day he must have accidentally phoned me. When I picked up, all I could hear was him talking to someone else with lots of swearing thrown in. I stayed on for a while to see he would realise but got bored in the end. Not professional for someone trying to run a business. He did sound Asian...

Soldato
You can get a Mk4 Mondeo Titanium X for 2.5k :eek: was it an ex taxi or something lol.
Reminds me of when I was helping my sister look for a car a few months back I decided to google this reputable looking car dealer that shifts quite a lot of cars on AT only to find he was jailed for about 8 years for drugs and money laundering or something and it's now run by his family :eek:They also have a bunch of 1 star reviews on various sites for being dodgy yet they still flog tons of 5+k cars week after week. Wonder how these type of places still exist with google just a click away

Man of Honour
Reminds me of when I was helping my sister look for a car a few months back I decided to google this reputable looking car dealer that shifts quite a lot of cars on AT only to find he was jailed for about 8 years for drugs and money laundering or something and it's now run by his family :eek:They also have a bunch of 1 star reviews on various sites for being dodgy yet they still flog tons of 5+k cars week after week. Wonder how these type of places still exist with google just a click away

More often than not it seems people selling cars are actually dodgy but often seem to have a lot of people fooled with their buddy buddy genuine guy act.

Associate
I've never posted on a forum before and I don't know if this will ever be seen, but I WISH I'd seen this before buying from them. It has been the worst experience of my life and is still ongoing!! I tried to write a bad review on Autotrader, but they had it removed and then when I complained and Autotrader reinstated it, Car Logical replied saying I must have got the wrong company! I hope others can read this and be warned, I have posted on yell.com and 192 but I don't think it will help. Is there anywhere else to post stuff like this?

Soldato
I've never posted on a forum before and I don't know if this will ever be seen, but I WISH I'd seen this before buying from them. It has been the worst experience of my life and is still ongoing!! I tried to write a bad review on Autotrader, but they had it removed and then when I complained and Autotrader reinstated it, Car Logical replied saying I must have got the wrong company! I hope others can read this and be warned, I have posted on yell.com and 192 but I don't think it will help. Is there anywhere else to post stuff like this?

What happened when you bought from them?

Associate
I'm so nervous to write about my experience because I am not yet out of it, but when it's finalised maybe I will write my own thread, but I don't know if I'll get in trouble? Long and short, (unknowingly) bought a dodgy car, broke within two weeks, tried to get refund, wouldn't oblige, so kept the car, same problem came up three days later, now they say it wasn't a fault at time of sale despite "fixing" it first time for free. Horrible intimidating messages sent first time round, so partner is dealing with them this time and they're almost pleasant. Can't believe how stuck I am, not sure whether to take them to court (Trading Standards have been involved by Citizens Advice) but I've read it takes forever and still doesn't guarantee they'll pay! I just need some of my £5400 back to buy another car as I'm stuck where I live.

Back
Top Bottom