Carlogical Derby Avoid!!!

Associate
Yes they do, of course, but they accepted the first time round it was their fault by fixing it for free. Plus they didn't need to be so outrageously threatening the first time. I checked with a solicitor that I was within my 30 day right to reject and he and Citizens Advice concurred, however they said it wasn't in their nature to refund people. The issue is with air intake, the error codes that come up are Air System, Air to EGR Mass Flow Plausibility and other similar air flow problems. My local garage said it was like the car was muffled so it doesn't take in enough air when revs increase. The same fault codes appeared in Feb (before my time) as there is an invoice in there from BMW investigating and the same part Car Logical fitted was already fitted by BMW. I've read online that this limp mode air intake fault can be a real trial and error trying to fix and as the guy before spent £600 at BMW trying to fix it and then 5000 miles later the same problem reoccurred, it would suggest it was never fully fixed. Plus if you clear the codes it can then be driven with no errors or codes stored until limp mode strikes again.

Last edited:
Associate
I hope posting this won't ruin my chances of getting my money back :( I just wanted to warn people (especially women) of how unpleasant they have been to deal with personally. Claiming they had (illegally taken) voice recordings of me saying I asked them to repair it the first time round made me feel so uneasy when I went to pick the car up especially as my bf was there when I dropped it off and we knew I hadn't said anything about repairing it. The barrage of intimidating messages to back down because I wouldn't win in court was also unnecessary.

Associate
But then I suppose that defeats the object of trying to warn people. To be honest, whatever I say publicly or not, I know I won't see my money again and I can't sell the car because it's totally unfair to pass the fault on to someone else and I can't use it because I can't risk it going into limp mode somewhere dangerous. I have owned it five weeks and had less than two weeks use of it, I really don't see how it could be a new fault that isn't covered by consumer rights.

Don
What you have to remember is that the onus is on THEM to prove that the fault wasn't present at the point of sale, not on YOU to prove that it was.
Take them to the small claims court. You stand a very good chance of winning in situations like this. Whether they end up paying is another matter though as many of these dodgy dealers just shut up shop when they get too many court orders.

These posts won't hurt your chances of winning in court I would think. Many people post on here asking for advice in situations such as these, and that is what you are doing.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Man of Honour
Yes, however, they have another website and address that they seem to sell different cars from. They trade under the name summit vehicle solutions which according to companies house are being shut down due to late statements.
Yea I've found all that, though the Compulsory strike off was discontinued yesterday.

Associate
What you have to remember is that the onus is on THEM to prove that the fault wasn't present at the point of sale, not on YOU to prove that it was.
Take them to the small claims court. You stand a very good chance of winning in situations like this. Whether they end up paying is another matter though as many of these dodgy dealers just shut up shop when they get too many court orders.

These posts won't hurt your chances of winning in court I would think. Many people post on here asking for advice in situations such as these, and that is what you are doing.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Thank you for the welcome. I know it's their responsibility to prove now that we are passed 30 days so all I can do is wait although there is something about it being within a reasonable time. I forgot to mention when I first bought the car it had a stone chip cover on it and I asked if that was hiding bad paint and they said no it just came like that and they thought it looked nice, offered to remove it but said it wasn't easy. Well, fool on me for believing that, because I've never seen such an awful bodged job. Looks like someone's put nail varnish on it and then sanded it off with sanding paper. The detailer in me cringed at my naivety.

Tomorrow is the day they are supposedly taking it to the BMW garage that fixed it before. So fingers crossed. The small claims court would be the most onerous outcome. I just want to run and hide

Associate
Yea I've found all that, though the Compulsory strike off was discontinued yesterday.

Oh well I'm glad to be honest, means at least if I am entitled to a refund they aren't doing a runner for now :rolleyes:

The best thing so far is that one of their contractors took me aside when I was last there to apologise profusely on their behalf and said he'd never seen anyone treated so badly. Means something to me at least​

Man of Honour
Oh well I'm glad to be honest, means at least if I am entitled to a refund they aren't doing a runner for now :rolleyes:

The best thing so far is that one of their contractors took me aside when I was last there to apologise profusely on their behalf and said he'd never seen anyone treated so badly. Means something to me at least​

Sadly I suspect these people will wrap up themselves if they get caught out only to open up a day later as someone else.

Associate
Sadly I suspect these people will wrap up themselves if they get caught out only to open up a day later as someone else.

On a slight tangent now but...

I took 'Jap Auto Parts' to court, the guy had many dissolved companies attributed to them. Soon after (I won btw) they wrapped up and are now known as MCC.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/Q0Bc36iPp29fzPeuxp9yen5KSAk/appointments
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/w8P7FZM0qFcynFXro1bDni8JukQ/appointments

There really needs to be something done to prevent people wrapping up companies and just starting anew, from the same address in the same industry.

NB: Above is nothing to do with carlogical, just my experience of what Housey mentioned

Man of Honour

I took 'Jap Auto Parts' to court, the guy had many dissolved companies attributed to them. Soon after (I won btw) they wrapped up and are now known as MCC.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/Q0Bc36iPp29fzPeuxp9yen5KSAk/appointments
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/w8P7FZM0qFcynFXro1bDni8JukQ/appointments

There really needs to be something done to prevent people wrapping up companies and just starting anew, from the same address in the same industry.

NB: Above is nothing to do with carlogical, just my experience of what Housey mentioned
There are law changes now so you can actually go after individuals I believe.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Yes, you have a assign a liquidator (expensive) who will assess if the company has been wrapped up and sold its assets to avoid paying it debtors.

If this is the case, the assets can be seized and the director held liable for the debt.

Long story short, unless you're into the tens of thousands, your best bet is to take it via small claims and name the company and the director personally as defendants, and, hopefully if you can get a judgement, have it immediately transferred to the high court for enforcement before they can swap hands of goods again.

Associate

Did that mean you ever saw your money back? How long did court take?

Soldato
Can't believe those Mondeos are so cheap.

Just checked their stocklist, looks like its a load of cheap tat they've picked up at auction.

I think that's how all these dodgy dealers work.

They pick up as many cheap motors as they can, get a mate to valet them, and then try and sell them as if they were pristine.

Edit: Just noticed this was an old thread :o

Associate
I think that's how all these dodgy dealers work.

They pick up as many cheap motors as they can, get a mate to valet them, and then try and sell them as if they were pristine.

Edit: Just noticed this was an old thread :o

Old thread, but added me! Currently stuck in an awful ordeal with them.

Unfortunately I'd never seen this thread before buying. It was under Carlogical review instead of Car Logical reviews

Soldato
You have a good chance of winning not only because they sold you a broken car but also because the people making judgements will no doubt spot what kind of people they are

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom