Caroline Flack RIP

Soldato
I have always felt that people with chronic or long term depression are less likely to randomly top themselves because they are used to feeling down and dealing with issues as they arise. (They may well eventually just give up on life, but perhaps not so much on a whim)
You're actually quite spot on there, but to contradict us both, wrong. People with Chronic depression are just as likely to do so because they have tolerated for so long their resolve is severely damaged and beyond reprieve, and hence eventually there is only one way out.

Someone with long MH issues will make a plan, someone 'new' to it will do it as you say, on a whim.

Not sure if that makes sense.

On a side-note my best mate I ever had was as hard as nails, nothing and nobody would ever do him over. Then one day he hung himself. Had he not been so hard as nails he would have wimped out of doing so, I think.

Another great mate also ended things because he couldn't see his children, knowing that it would affect them if he did, but he still couldn't stop himself.

Some guy I knew, a successful business man, went to his sons birthday party and then went home and ended it knowing that his sons every birthday from then on would be the anniversary of his dads death. He still did it.

Chronic or acute it can happen, in the end it just comes down to how resiliant you are regardless of time.

Last edited:
Soldato
(as already said)
logic applies with causality established between social media use and mental health issues. .. many articles discussing that ..
maybe some will take the lead from those in Flack peer group like this Billy eilish, abandonning it, for sanity,
or moreover some legislation.

Had to laugh at the moronic white paper facebook published this week
https://about.fb.com/wp-content/upl...d_Online-Content-Regulation-White-Paper-1.pdf
eg
Facebook has therefore joined the call for new regulatory frameworks for online content—frameworks that ensure companies are making decisions about online speech in a way that minimizes harm but also respects the fundamental right to free expression.
please tell us what to do, with this frankenstein, complete abdication.

Soldato
I do really feel for the family though I just get the sense that this is more akin to someone avoiding the consequences of their own actions. She was about to go on trial for assault. The CPS knew they had more than enough evidence even without the support of the victim, which to me is just a massive indication of the case against her.

This to me, is less a case of mental health and more falls towards the Epstein kind of suicide. I have had a girlfriend's brother and another close friend commit suicide and this feels a little removed from those.

Associate
The irony of tonight's love island episode being dedicated to her even though they kicked her off the show and more than likely attributing to her topping herself.
I've had nothing but abuse from my missus whenever she brings up flack and I point out that she was a mental case and abusive to her bf.

Soldato
I do really feel for the family though I just get the sense that this is more akin to someone avoiding the consequences of their own actions. She was about to go on trial for assault. The CPS knew they had more than enough evidence even without the support of the victim, which to me is just a massive indication of the case against her.

This to me, is less a case of mental health and more falls towards the Epstein kind of suicide. I have had a girlfriend's brother and another close friend commit suicide and this feels a little removed from those.
But why not just do what other celebs do, go in rehab and come out a new changed person, all is forgiven etc

Back
Top Bottom