Case Cooler Exhaust Fan - what are they like?

Soldato
Can always 7v it, personally I cant stand noise and when I had one I found it to be a little loud. You can remove the grill that increase airflow and reduces noise a little. That is if it has a grill like the one on the akasa page.

Soldato
OP
Well, if I order one it's going to be when I order some other stuff as well, so no worries about postage. They're only about £3 on their own, so if I don't like the noise I can just put it away for later use or something. ;) :)

Soldato
you say only 25db, but 25db is pretty loud tbh.

i had one at one point a few years ago ,it was ok (not 25db, but more like around 20) you could hear it but it wasnt intrusive if that makes sence. well not until it started clicking like the fan was comming loose but it did lower my temps by a few degrees :)

Soldato
OP
cokecan72 said:
you say only 25db, but 25db is pretty loud tbh.

i had one at one point a few years ago ,it was ok (not 25db, but more like around 20) you could hear it but it wasnt intrusive if that makes sence. well not until it started clicking like the fan was comming loose but it did lower my temps by a few degrees :)

Well, the two Akasa Ultra Quiets I have are 18db each meaning overall they'll make 36db - when my CPU fan is spinning at a low speed the PC is really nice and quiet and that's with both my Akasas running of normal power (no fan control on them at all)

Craig.

Wise Guy
Soldato
Craig321 said:
Well, the two Akasa Ultra Quiets I have are 18db each meaning overall they'll make 36db - when my CPU fan is spinning at a low speed the PC is really nice and quiet and that's with both my Akasas running of normal power (no fan control on them at all)

Craig.

No, they will be approx. 21db, every +3db is twice the volume.

Soldato
@ Craig321

I've been running one for so long i can't remember what it's like not to run
one to know what changes it made to the temps,But i spoke to a friend
tonight who just recently fitted one to a desktop case that had no rear
fans and it dropped his temps from 46 to 40 and thats without a front
intake fan.

I asked him if he thought it was noisy and he said no,the only time it made
any noise was when he fitted it next to the Video Card it made a high pitched
whine as the air intake was obstructed and was fighting for air with the fan on the video card,but when he put it on the otherside of the card it became almost
silent.the only fan in his system is on the Video card as he is running a Thermal
Take fanless power supply and a passive NorthBride cooler as the computer is
in his bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom