Cat / Kitten?!?

Soldato
kitten_caboodle said:
I have 3, and one of mine is a tortie girlie who just hates anything that takes mummy's attention away from her..

I get this with my Baby Callia... If Flynn's getting a tummy tickle or a little too much attention from Daddy... She 'Chirps' (which I think is adorable), Starts Purring LOUDLY, and Pushes Flynn out of the way and hogs all my attention...

She Loves her Daddy

day1.jpg

Day 1 - Teeeeeney!..

Friday.jpg

About 4 Weeks ago - See my babies Bald bit (after the snip) :(

Callia.jpg

Callia - Ain't She Beautifull!

Flynn.jpg

Flynn - Cutie

Must get some more recent ones!...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for all the help @ the original time of this thread. My fiancee and I went back to the Lothian Cat Rescue home today and ended up getting a five year old cat, bit older than we had planned, but the minute we saw him, we knew he was the one. He had only been in the home for a week, hadnt got on with another cat but he truly is the friendliest and funniest cat ever. He is making himself right at home and it is a challenge keeping up with him. Below are some pics, thanks again to everyone for their help.

dsc01638gd1.jpg

dsc01645nn4.jpg

dsc01648ij3.jpg

dsc01650oi8.jpg

Soldato
Simian said:
She has the LOUDEST Purr you can emagine!... but seldom ever miows... She's soooooooooooo cute!.. :)
One of mine is like that.....hardly ever makes a noise and when he does, it's more a squeak. But once he's purring, you can hear him in the next room :)

I got some great pics of mine - must go hunt them out :)

As for the OP's new cat - very handsome specimen :)
I wonder how long you're going to keep glass vases on slippery wooden tables with placemats too.........until the first "crazy half hour" when he decides the table's a race track! :)

Soldato
Dr.EM said:
That picture in the bath is hilarious :D . Very cute cat :)

Someone mentioned the chirp noise, do all cats do that? Mine often does it now, I have an example recording:

Cat chirp
I call that more of a kinda meow-purr....like when I sneak up on 'em and tickle their back while they're eating they make that noise :)

I'm not sure I can describe the one my cat makes - its more choppy and sharp.....then again, every cat's different - it might be my cat trying to make the same noise :) he does make a weird gutteral kakakakakaka sound when he sees an insect buzzing around. But, he's meowed maybe three times that I've heard since he was a kitten :)

Soldato
this explains the chirrup

Asking you to follow.
A soft chirruping noise is made when your cat wants you to follow, this comes from when the mother cat wants her kittens to come to her or to follow. It may also be used as a greeting, when she has been away from the litter for a while. This noise is often made while the cat is on the move and about to go towards the place they expect their food to be.

and the kakakakaaka sound is this:

Ready to Kill.
When a cat is on the prowl and has spotted its prey it will often make a clicking noise with its teeth. they also use a variant of this when seeing a bird through a window.

there's a whole load of kitty sounds with examples here

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting, think ours uses it more as a greeting. Like Skidmark describes, she'll do it when you touch her and shes asleep. Seems to be a sort of "hello" and "you shocked me there" (shes quite deaf now being old and seems suprised when you touch her as she doesn't realise your there. Seems happy to see you nonetheless :) )

Soldato
Dr.EM said:
Interesting, think ours uses it more as a greeting. Like Skidmark describes, she'll do it when you touch her and shes asleep. Seems to be a sort of "hello" and "you shocked me there" (shes quite deaf now being old and seems suprised when you touch her as she doesn't realise your there. Seems happy to see you nonetheless :) )

one of mine does it each time you touch her too - it's like a little bit of surprise but then an 'oh, ok it's only you - purr purr purr' :D

Back
Top Bottom