Cell-tech

Soldato
I have just been reading my muscle and fitness magazine, and I have come accross a supplement called Cell-Tech (Made by Muscle Tech) it is proven to be 19times better than creatine for gains in mass.

So i was wondering has anyone ever tried this supplemet? Does anyone know where I can purchase it from? Does anyone know roughly what the prices are?

Associate
I think the first thing you need to realise is not to read "Muscle and Fitness" magazine, it really is full of rubbish. Second of all, don’t believe all that advertising crap; remember that the supplement industry is not regulated.

Read the post below, it was posted by Big Cat from forum.bodybuilding.com.

"No doubt the worst crap Muscletech has put out to date (although it may be a draw with their ANA stack). This is a totally unfounded product whose reliablility rests entirely on irrelevant studies that were sponsored and doctored by Muscletech.

Lets start by discussing Insulin. The claim is made that there is no better enhancer of insulin than dextrose. Maybe, maybe not. Its definitely not the best single insulin enhancer around. As I will demonstrate later. Cell-tech utilizes 75 grams of dextrose to spike insulin and improve insulin-mediated uptake. In itself a good attempt. But why 75 grams ? According to Muscletech because this is an optimal dose. ********. Optimal doses have been estimated around 95 grams and more depending on bodyweight and other factors. 75 grams is merely the amount used in insulin sensitivity tests for diabetics. It has no scientific root whatsoever. Its just a number and nothing more.

Next a point Muscletech has disputed heavily. 75 grams of SUGAR makes you FAT. While they dispute it, I've yet to see them prove otherwise. Try it for yourself. Take 75 grams of sugar per day and see what gives after two weeks. Oh yes, Cell-tech will pack on the pounds, only I doubt it'll be where you want them.

So what gives ? Why do I say that 75 grams is not enough, and then go on to say 75 grams will make you fat ? Well, one study clearly documented that a mix of 47 grams of simple carbs and 50grams of protein had an equal effect on insulin-mediated creatine uptake as did an optimal dose of 96 grams of dextrose. First of all that's 35% less sugar to make you fat, secondly that adds 50 grams of protein which also use the carbs as a means of getting absorbed, again lessening the chance of adding fat to the frame, and thirdly with the creatine and protein and carbs, you find yourself with everything you really need after a workout. So who sells such a mix ? Everyone. Any weight gainer will give you at least that ratio and probably more. Then simply add any cheap brand of creapure creatine like prolab or met-rx, even twinlab (25 bucks for 200 servings, good for 90 days, loading included). Voila, a mix that will pack twice the amount of muscle on that cell-tech ever will and won't make you even half as fat.

But you haven't heard the best part yet. Compare the price. With the gainer you eliminate the need of adding another protein powder, so extract that amount. You'll come out to half or less per serving of what cell-tech costs and with twice the gains and half the fat.

Good time perhaps to address those stupid Cell-tech ads that say taking it with grape juice will make you fat. Why ? Wanna hear another name for grape sugar ? dextrose! So wait a minute ? The Dextrose in one glass of grape juice (15 grams at best) will make me fat , but 75 grams of pure dextrose won't ? I'm not following here.

200 mg of Alpha lipoic acid. Great. Studies show ALA to increase insulin sensitivity, but first of all to no serious degree, and secondly using doses of well over 1 gram. I believe the protocol was 600 mg 3 times a day. At that dose it would be a waste of money if you bought a generic version. With cell-tech its already a waste at the 200 measily mg they put in per serving. Lastly, ALA denatures when exposed to air. So really you need to take it in a cap form. Basically that means once your tub of cell-tech has been opened, after 2-3 days your ALA becomes a total waste. Sorry. So scratch the fact that the ALA helps even one damn bit.

Chromium Picolinate. Studies suggest that unless you are deficient in chromium it doesn't matter what form you take, the chance of you absorbing any of it is second to none. So what if you are deficient ? Well that usually occurs in people who are overweight. And I'm not about to recommend that anyone who has to deal with overweight start taking 75 grams of sugar per day. So that's out. And even in a therapy to overcome a deficiency, doses of 2-3 mg are used, while 1 serving of Cell-tech barely contains 300 µg. So scratch that. Besides chromium pic has long since been kept from use as an effective fat loss or insulin sensitivity compound. (a point I may choose to address when I get round to speaking of Hydroxycut)

10 grams of creatine per serving. First of all, after loading phase (5-7 days) the maximum amount of creatine absorbed is 7-10 grams. So yeah, you can absorb 10 grams, doesn't mean I'd take them all at once. Taking too much creatine all at once can cause severe diarrhea for several days as the excess creatine is excreted, and as an extremely polar compound it takes a lot of water along with it.

So yes, you can do it: Add 10 pounds of pure flab and 10 pounds of water weight to your frame in only 6 short weeks, and all this for a mere 3 times the price of what a supplement with actual use would go for!"

To put it in short, all muscletech products such as cell tech are a joke. They exist merely to take advantage of you by telling you lies about amazing gains in muscle and convincing you to spend ridiculous amounts of money, much more than what a quality supplement with the same ingredients would go for. Don't buy either, they are plain crap, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Associate
Originally posted by NitrogenY3K
Thanks for that mate. So whats the best supplement around for gaining muscle mass?

Depends what you're looking for. Provide us with some of your stats i.e. how long you've been lifting for, how long you go to the gym, how often and what do you eat etc? Remember that food is always the best choice, a supplement is only there if you can't eat the required calories, protein, and carbs in a day.

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Altered Corpse
Depends what you're looking for. Provide us with some of your stats i.e. how long you've been lifting for, how long you go to the gym, how often and what do you eat etc? Remember that food is always the best choice, a supplement is only there if you can't eat the required calories, protein, and carbs in a day.

Ive been going up the gym for 5 months, i go to the gym 3 times a week for 2 hours or more. Well it depends I try to keep to eating tuna, corn, chicken etc, and im trying to cut out biscuits.

PAz

PAz

Soldato
im like you and have always been stuck over what supplements to use etc, but to be honest the general opinion from most people is not to bother with them and just eat like a horse. eat well, train hard and rest lots and you can get the results you want (im getting a hell of a lot of rest atm :) but sadly none of the other too coz of damn glandular fever!!!). if you really want something then id say go for some weight gainer...but i personally havent used the stuff. just eat like a pie :)
-(edit)
opps just realised greg valentino used Synthol not cell tech :) my mistake, but still do not use synthol lol, just look:

before Synthol

scrap_sidechest4.jpg

after........

g_mostmusc1.jpg

his site is www.bicepmania.net if you want to look at more disgusting pictures of him...yuk

by the way, his arms are just full of 'oil'...

Last edited:

PAz

PAz

Soldato
yeh i meant college etc im 18 mate :) its a bit easier for me coz ive got a car so i can get a shop that does a chicken and bacon or tuna baguette for about 1.80

and 20 quid :) lucky sod! i only get 15 :p

just eat a lot at breakfast and when you get home and then for dinner, and drink lots of milk. i always pop down the shop and get a carton of milk at lunchtime, its only 42p

and btw, ive got a slightly chubby stomach, but no1 cares when youve got a nice big back and shoulders! if you can get that nice V shape torso people dont even notice your waist, at least not from my experience!

Last edited:

PAz

PAz

Soldato
why bother? i eat a packet of tuna and a brown bread tuna sandwhich every day :) then its either chicken n bacon or tuna baguette at lunch from the shop (when im at school)

just cant beat the taste of gorgeousss juicey tuna

PAz

PAz

Soldato
you dont need cans mate, buy a packet of tuna...63p from tescos, get a nice decent amount of tuna (u can get it mixed with diff stuff too! like sweetcorn, mayo, mayo+sweetcorn etc). its already 'mashed up'. stick it in the fridge the day before, take a packet or two to school and everyones happy

Soldato
Is that the princes stuff? I get tons of that stuff with mayo for my sarnies :D

but its more expensive for less tuna than tins and hes on a budget.

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by PAz
you dont need cans mate, buy a packet of tuna...63p from tescos, get a nice decent amount of tuna (u can get it mixed with diff stuff too! like sweetcorn, mayo, mayo+sweetcorn etc). its already 'mashed up'. stick it in the fridge the day before, take a packet or two to school and everyones happy

Good idea, I might just do that

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Princes do it, John Wests do it (John Wests Tuna with a twist), and sainsburies even do it in their own be good to yourself range, however that only contains ~9grams of protein...whereas the john west contains about 26grams...

its a little more expensive yeh, but it makes it a lot easier then having to open a tin in the middle of the common room :)

but its more expensive for less tuna than tins and hes on a budget

hehe, well he gets a fiver more then me a week and i survive no probs :) 5 quid a week will get you around 6/7 packets! sorted! :D

PAz

PAz

Soldato
i never wear gloves and havent had probs, apparently they reduce grip strength!!

and a week! lucky sod! i havent been for 3 now and wont be allowed until at least ive had my ultra sound on the 17th, if thats clear then weeeee back to the gym! if not..bah back to home.

Back
Top Bottom