Poll: Champions League Final - Barcelona vs Manchester United - 27th May 2009 *SPOILERS*

Who will you be supporting on Wednesday

• Barcelona

Votes: 87 36.4%
  • That other team

Votes: 152 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Champions League Final 2009
Barcelona vs Manchester United
19:45 GMT
Sky Sports 1 and ITV 1

thierry20henry.jpg

waynerooney.jpg

Soldato
OP
Can't see past the following lineup for United:

VdS
O'Shea - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra
Anderson - Carrick - Giggs
Park - Ronaldo - Rooney

Only question would be whether Tevez starts ahead of Park but I doubt it very much. Obviously if Ferdinand is unfit Evans would step in.

Caporegime
Uefa Champions League final *spoilers*

Picture1.png

Barcelona v Manchester United

Venue: Stadio Olimpico, Rome
Date: Wed, 27 May
Kick-off: 1945 BST
Coverage: Live on ITV1 and Sky Sports 1, BBC Radio Five Live

800px-Stadio_Olimpico_di_Roma.jpg

Caporegime
Barcelona's Thierry Henry and Andres Iniesta appear to have overcome their injuries after training on Monday.

Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand is likely to play in Wednesday's Champions League final against Barcelona having come through training at the weekend.

Soldato
Park is a nailed on starter according to Ferguson, the team you've listed there is the team I also expect to see start on Wednesday night. Can't see Tevez or Berbatov starting in all honesty. Starting to get nervous now, only two night's sleep away, time is going to drag like a mother.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
I cant believe the final is still in Rome. But oh well, Uefa are loving it, knowing that more english fans are gona get stabbed and that. And they dont do anything about it.

As for the game. It's gona be a tight game. Barca dont have a defence atm. United have to take advantage of that.

Score prediction? 2-1 on the night. O'Shea and Park scoring. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't see past the following lineup for United:

VdS
O'Shea - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra
Anderson - Carrick - Giggs
Park - Ronaldo - Rooney

Only question would be whether Tevez starts ahead of Park but I doubt it very much. Obviously if Ferdinand is unfit Evans would step in.

Yeah, Park and Rooney will be asked to help cover the flanks when Barca have possesion.

Caporegime
No, I'm not 100% as to why the final is in Rome after all the trouble away fans seem to have.

I'm looking forward to the game, Barcelona have important players missing.

Soldato
OP
I remember last years final. I spent the day shopping in Birmingham and almost choked to death on a krispy kreme. I almost feel obliged to repeat that for good luck.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
this thread came in 4 minutes earlier though?

exciting times with regards to the game. Not really got nervous yet, think it'll be tomorrow when it starts to kick in.

True. But the fact is there is 3 threads about the CL Final. LOL...!

Yea exciting time, just looking forward to Weds. Good thing i finish work at 4pm, Get to go out and watch the game. :)

Soldato
I'll buy you a krispy kreme Ripper, maybe if you choke on two of them we won't go to penalties. :p

I can't go through extra time and penalties again. Never.

Caporegime
Barcelona star Yaya Toure believes Wednesday's Champions League final against Manchester United will decide who is the best team in the world.

Barca have already won the Spanish double this season and United have just clinched an 11th Premier League title.

"Everyone is excited about this game because we are the two best teams in the world," Toure, 26, told BBC Sport.

"It will be a great game in Rome as there will be 22 great players taking part - and it could go either way."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8066960.stm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom