Charity Boxing fight training/diet tips

Tea Drinker
Don
I've just finished one I'm 6 3 and was 19st on the morning of the fight. They found it difficult to match me as the same age group were all looking like they were constantly on the verge of heart attacks whilst warning up.

I ended up being matched with a scaffolder 15 years younger and it was a perfect match up.

The pressure if the event is huge, the waiting around is painful but it was a great night.

In the last couple of weeks I upped sprints on a rower 20 seconds of flat out and 30 gentle for 12 rounds every morning plus road sprints between lampposts till my legs and arms felt like lead.

I managed to keep it together for the three rounds and didn't gas.

Nothing can replicate time in the ring as you well know. Someone hounding you down trying to take your head off is like nothing else.

Soldato
I've just finished one I'm 6 3 and was 19st on the morning of the fight. They found it difficult to match me as the same age group were all looking like they were constantly on the verge of heart attacks whilst warning up.

I ended up being matched with a scaffolder 15 years younger and it was a perfect match up.

The pressure if the event is huge, the waiting around is painful but it was a great night.

In the last couple of weeks I upped sprints on a rower 20 seconds of flat out and 30 gentle for 12 rounds every morning plus road sprints between lampposts till my legs and arms felt like lead.

I managed to keep it together for the three rounds and didn't gas.

Nothing can replicate time in the ring as you well know. Someone hounding you down trying to take your head off is like nothing else.

Impressive for a big'un.

Back
Top Bottom