Chav pickup - free fridge-freezer , wires cut to front panel.

4 hours according to Beko, Samsung and Currys ;)
(And that's only if it was on it's side - if it was the right way up, an hour is fine)

In a Peugeot 207..it was Definitely on its side!

(And that's only if it was on it's side - if it was the right way up, an hour is fine)

Images of a welsh man in leggings driving a 207 with an upright fridge freezer sticking out of the sun roof

t0WPeqn.png

How have you managed all that without owning a soldering iron :cry:
If I remember the microwave was just a diode that was screwed in that had split. So the power wasn't getting to the magnetron.

The speaker I didn't need solder either, but it was too long ago to remember.

When I changed the light in the bathroom I just used wago things. That was crazy. Needed a 6 gang as 5 wires in the old rose in one junction!

My old leaf blower got pinched. Hauled it out of the garage to take to the dump the next day. Left it in front of the garage. Overnight it was gone!

Poor buggers. Hope they didn't start it up as it was smoking when I turned it off! Heavily!
The best way to get rubbish stolen is put it outside with a sign saying "Item X...£100, please leave money on door step"

whenever i clean out garage shed or house any mechanical/electrical items go into the front turnaround they usually disappear in a couple of days:).
only time i had trouble was a couple of old honda diesel engines large oily and pretty cumbersome, put a advert on f/b market free for collection first come first served. guyturned up in a toyota aygo...........only drivers seat in the car and a small portable engine lift. he got them both in but cant have been very safe :)

Last edited:

Yeah, always RTFM, but newer ones must be designed differently, or use different gasses or something, as 4hrs was the case when I bought one about 3 years ago.

Shortly after my car crash which put me in the wheelchair, I had a sudden break-up with an increasingly abusive girlfriend (and after trying politely to get her dad to come and collect all her stuff), I lost my patience with getting messed about and told them if they weren't round by midday tomorrow, I'd have all her stuff (and the stuff we'd bought "together") put out on the pavement in front of the house.

I received a phonecall the next day from someone claiming to be a police officer (but I thought was one of her mates messing me about), informing me that if her stuff were to be stolen, I'd be responsible for replacing it.

My response: "Well, joke's on them; when they open the fridge and realise they've got a body to dump, too".

9 hours I spent in the interview suite at my local constabulary. 9 bloody hours.

you could twist the wires together...wrap some solder around them and if you get a piece of glass angled just right to catch the light coming through a window it will eventually solder them:) or just buy a solder iron and some heat shrink.

Brill! Now buy that soldering iron for next time ;)

I normally am not a tool snob and recommend anything people can afford. But with soldering irons I've honestly found a decent (not expensive, kit but a proper brand) will literally make your work easier and better. Just an Antex or similar, used to be £20-25 although I've not bought one in years.

Back
Top Bottom