Cheap WoW gaming PC

Associate
I checked the credits and counted 19 names maybe im wrong

oh, have no idea about that, but i can assure you we had a full team for both world firsts, they don't come easy!, you can see 25 people in the Raid UI's

edit what? both sets of credits have well over the 25 names as they also include the entire raiding roster of the guild

Last edited:
Soldato
lol ok, and you have tested this hypothesis how?

I had a better set up when doing heroic 25m Dragon Soul (HD6970, it 2400 3.1GHz) and had to drop settings because with everything maxed out at 1080p it resulted in a lot of laggy bits during some fights which would have been potentially fatal to run at max settings (I.E Yor'sahj).

WoW looks like crap and is old as balls, and now they made is super casual too!

I mentioned this before, but again even though the game is old it has been updated (hence why it looks pretty amazing for a 10 year old MMORPG). The original game looks similar to the second Team Fortress game (TF1.5) but the current game looks almost as good as the third Team Fortress game (TF2) texture wise and even better in the effects department.

Hell the fact that Apple systems have only just received an update to let them run the game at max visual settings, should show it's been heavily updated over the years.

Soldato
Mates are running WoW at decent settings at 1920X1080 on FX6*** chips at around 4GHZ and a GTX650TI Boost and a HD7870XT/LE and gameplay appears smooth AFAIK.

Hence a Haswell Core i3, and something like a GTX750TI,GTX660,R7 265 or R9 270 should be OK IMHO,and you can always turn down a few settings if need be,as the cartoony style of WoW does help.

Sometimes also being careful about what add-ons you use is as important as the considerations for the basic game itself IMHO,as some can really hog the CPU.

Since the OP is looking at a pre-build,this one might be fine:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-023-OG&groupid=43&catid=2475

It will still cost aroud £500 if you go for an SSD and a GTX750TI though.

Out of interest - what are the specs of the old PC??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom