Cheapest way to get an AM4 bracket?

Soldato
Good to know!

Not cheap, but definitely much better than having to buy a new cooler that isn't any better (probably not as good) as Silver Arrow SB-E.

Associate
I'll take your word for it, it's all russian to me! ;)
Can you give a summary of the video?
Turn on auto-generated subtitles, then click the settings icon, auto-translate into English.

He adds longer bolts to the backplate and files down the edges for them to catch around the bracket to hold it.

Soldato
Anyone had experience getting a mount for an original Silver Arrow lately? Sent them an email to the .de address yesterday but doubt I'll hear back until Monday at the earliest.

Soldato
Please let us know if they reply.

There are some other ways of doing it, but it requires accurate measuring and drilling / filing / sawing mount, screws, etc.

Soldato
Please let us know if they reply.

There are some other ways of doing it, but it requires accurate measuring and drilling / filing / sawing mount, screws, etc.
They haven't replied to my direct email but did when I sent it through their webform. They asked if I was in the UK and should be getting back to me. Their initial reply was yesterday and I responded within 15 minutes but haven't heard anything since.

Soldato
Thanks for reply.
Look forward to hearing how this all works out.
I'm a bit confused lol. Amazon have this, think that's okay for the original silver arrow right?

Mods hope the Amazon link is okay, can't find this bit anywhere else and their support suck.

Out of stock now, only had two available guess I got lucky.

Last edited:
Associate
I've just dug out the old AMD bolt through kit https://thermalright.com/product/amd-btk-rev-c/ and drew the 90mm by 54mm rectangle that the AM4 socket has and due to the circle, the mounting draws, it would totally work. You'd have to use the motherboard backplate but still not a bad solution if you have one lying around. Owning a Venomous X and a TRUE Spirit 140 (both more than adequate coolers better than pretty much any 240mm AIO and only losing to Dual towers and 280/360mm AIO coolers), I wanted to make sure I have an upgrade path to AM4 if I decide to retire one of the Intel systems. Worst case I'll drill the new holes in the TRUE Spirit's mounting top and back plates.
P.S. I sent an email to Thermalright weeks ago and haven't even heard from them on the shipping estimate (I presume I never will). Judging by their lack of stock in the stores it appears that they're not in great shape with AIO RGB coolers stealing the thunder of simple effective air coolers in the last 5-10 years.
I was measuring with a printout of the AM4/AM5 spacing against the and btk rev c as my brother got my old cooler (Venomous X) and he's getting an AM5 system. My previous assessment was completely wrong. The AMD btk rev c definitely would not work for AM4/AM5 as the geometry doesn't even make sense. Not sure what I was thinking when stating it... One would need a true AM4/AM5 compatible kit for the right type of base (flat or thick with a hole) for your old and sadly still perfectly fine Thermalright cooler. LGA1700 bolt through kits have better availability.
Apologies for the grave digging.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom