Chernobyl miniseries - coming to Sky and HBO in May 2019

Caporegime
Most of them didn't know the dangers of nuclear radiation, so can't really compare it to now.

We have access to all the information at our finger tips now thanks to technology e.i mobile phones with Google etc.

Exactly if something like that happened in this day and age do you think anyone will stop on a bridge and look directly at the fire. People had no idea back then.

Man of Honour
So... I'm keen to see this because it's HBO and their production values are outstanding, but the poor science is bugging me like hell, and I'm worried that it'll ruin the whole thing.

Plenty of knowledgeable people have already picked it to pieces, but Thunderf00t's analysis is arguably the best:

I'm not a particularly scientific person, and even I could spot the laughable errors identified in the first 2 minutes of this video.
I couldn't watch any more than the first ten minutes, where he spends time proving that an explosion would not have destroyed Minsk.
The show doesn't say that :confused: The show talks about radiation doses being fatal in a large portion of Minsk - his response to that is "Oh my god, it's going to destroy a city 200km away!?" - but that's not what they said.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Once is enough tbh, maybe i will revisit and see the new hotel they will probably build their or something in another 20 years.

As for the Uķraine i do not think their is a nation on earth that refuses to smile once they are outside the front door. Still cant blame them Russia treats them like ****

Soldato
an extra bonus podcast appeared last week: has Jared Harris on it this time as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsFlWDPrxWM

Amazing, thank you for this.

I really enjoyed the podcast along with this series. I don't know how something so depressing has made me so obsessed about it. I had very little interest in the story before this series now I want to know everything about it

Soldato
One of the best shows I have watched. I tend to start TV shows and then get a few eps in and give up these days, but this kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I think a lot of that is to do with being really interested in the topic to begin with. Made me want to go for a guided tour there even more.

Soldato
Utterly brilliant TV, everything about it was superb - I watched the documentary about the new cover being built over Christmas, so was really intrigued by the mini-series

Soldato
I would've taken it as a personal insult had it not won anything.

It's hard to compare something that only had 5 episodes but for me it's up there with The Wire and Sopranos for my favourite tv shows.

Back
Top Bottom