-chosen one (sabrina)
-decent enough acting considering season 1
-good cast with an ok storyline

Cons
-lacks comedy or fun
-a poor mans version of buffy the vampire slayer
-sabrina wooden plank acting
-lacks that spark or something...

Am glad above post said it, I think its a poor version of buffy the vampire slayer, since you got sabrina being the all powerful one, her scooby gang or friends suddenly now with abilities, other characters in the background revealing to be the bad guys. It was an ok season but imo had no fire or substance, nothing
that sets it apart from any other tv show or anything to remember it by for season 2.

Missed opportunity to do a Buffy Vampire Slayer-esq show then !

Soldato
Only on 3rd episode but think it's good fun. Same sort of brain off entertainment as Lost in Space.
Acting is pretty bad though!

Caporegime
One thing I didn't notice when watching:

as I've not watched Riverdale yet I didn't notice that the pizza boy was a character from the show. Apparently he's died recently in Riverdale so that puts the timeline of Sabrina slightly earlier than the current Riverdale episodes (or there is some weirdness where he's back to alive in Greendale).

Would be cool I guess if there is a crossover, though it could just as well be an Easter egg on the part of the production team and not really a signal of anything to come.

Ref the speculation about crossovers it seems lots of Riverdale fans online would be opposed to the idea simply because they'd want to keep magic out of Riverdale, now I've recently started with the first couple of Riverdale episodes and there already seem to be hints at stuff like that regardless, Betty Cooper's mum wafting scent around her room and being rather adamant about staying away from certain people or that certain families are no good etc.. she could plausibly be a witch.

Though I do think there is the possibility for the odd cameo or crossover in either season while still leaving the magic stuff to Sabrina episodes and merely hinting at it in Riverdale... Sabrina isn't using magic all the time and so could plausibly make an appearance in a Riverdale episode or two without anything overtly magical happening (or perhaps minimal involvement of magic), likewise if the Riverdale characters appear in Sabrina any episodes then they don't necessarily need to be exposed to magic themselves, she kept it secret from her friends for most of the season and it is still secret to her BF/ex and the rest of the school.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Just watched the second series, erm... wtf?

Ive found while somewhat cringey in places, on a whole its a very enjoyable show to watch.

Then all of a sudden in one episode it goes from "how do we solve this?" to "sv_cheats 1" as if a few episodes which might explain some stuff just got savagely cut out, and that goes through to the end of the series with huge swathes of bits missing.

Man of Honour
I gave up on it about 3/4 way through season 1 just got too cringey (though it isn't really aimed at me audience wise) and writing was too all over the place. They really should have settled down and concentrated on doing one aspect of it well.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Shocked with reviews, seems the majority loved it

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/chilling_adventures_of_sabrina/s02

Binged the whole season 2, not really any improvement on season 1 its still a buffy/hogwarts/twilight mish mash. This season felt confusing and lacked
any spark or shock factor again, its going on my axe list.

I think its scoring high reviews since there is not really anything else out there similar currently running, but am sure buffy reboot could do well and better.

Catching up on this....and I am not certain why.

Keep hoping it will improve but it seems to be getting worse!

Season two was just odd and the pacing was all over the place. It’s like they were expecting to cancel the show and tried to fit as much in there as possible.

Season three is all about gender awareness and is just awful!

Back
Top Bottom