Chimp Attack Victim Unveils Horrific Injuries

Soldato
They have unbelievable strength; they're between 5x and 8x stronger than a average person.

Yup, they may be 'smaller' than us but they are incredibly strong. They are genetically built for swinging through trees. When an animal like this decides they don't like you well that's it. They have a very strong social structure and will beat/kill those in the same family if they don't conform. (Not saying all chimps are like this btw.. but this what 'can' happen)

Have you seen the jungle book where they rip the limbs from the panther... why do you think that scene is in there.. they really are that strong.

Shocking attack. I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone, no matter how I felt about them.

Soldato
If that happened to me I would have gone ape at the owner.

Don't **** with chimps.

Think I mite of seen this or a similar story on a program called bitten on discovery I think.

Soldato
Yes, the woman calling the police was the owner. She just in shock because one of her pets (emotionally attached) has just almost killed her friend. With respect, you'd be pretty messed up after seeing your pet rip the face and apendages of your friend.

Soldato
When I was young I remember my aunty having a monkey as a pet. It lasted up to the point of it attacking her and ripping out most of her hair. Whilst that was bad it could have been a lot worse. They got rid of it after that.
A pity that they got it in the first place.!

Then again I could also make a case about dog ownership and the tragic cases that you read about when children are attacked.

Associate
Anybody that tries to keep an animal as a pet that should otherwise be living free in the wild, deserves everything that's coming to them.

No sympathy at all. Well done that Chimp.

Associate
Anybody that tries to keep an animal as a pet that should otherwise be living free in the wild, deserves everything that's coming to them.

No sympathy at all. Well done that Chimp.

You should probably actually understand what happened before you reward the chimp on mauling someone.

It didn't actually maul the owner. It mauled her perfectly innocent friend.

Associate
Lewis Theroux did an episode regarding this, no surprises the majority of the owners treated them like surrogate children

Some of the people he visited/interviewed were bordering on mentally ill. That fella who openly said infront of his wife that he doesn't trust or respect any human being (including aforementioned missus!), then 5 minutes later just appeared out of nowhere with a fully grown tiger on a dog lead. Words fail me...

Soldato
If you can't kill it with your bare hands, don't keep it :)

So that means most dogs bigger than a jack Russell should not be kept, or large snakes for example? I do kind of agree with the comment, but the animal was clearly not looked after properly...any animal you keep as a pet should have its natural habitat mimiced as close as possible.

Im all for people looking after any animal., as long as it is done correctly...things like chimps, if they cannot be in the wild, should be in nature reserves or zoos...not as a house pet.

Man of Honour
So that means most dogs bigger than a jack Russell should not be kept, or large snakes for example? I do kind of agree with the comment, but the animal was clearly not looked after properly...any animal you keep as a pet should have its natural habitat mimiced as close as possible.

Im all for people looking after any animal., as long as it is done correctly...things like chimps, if they cannot be in the wild, should be in nature reserves or zoos...not as a house pet.

good luck trying to kill my two jacks with your bare hands;)

Associate
You should probably actually understand what happened before you reward the chimp on mauling someone.

It didn't actually maul the owner. It mauled her perfectly innocent friend.

I'm fine with that. I'm sure the friend liked to 'pet' the chimp too.

Associate
Terrible stuff.

I've just read the original story, the owner of the chimp sounds like she definitely has a few screws loose. People who think they can keep dangerous wild animals in a domestic environment are beyond stupid.

All of this reminds me of watching the recent Louis Theroux documentary about people who keep dangerous exotic animals. It's insane.

As has been said above, dangerous wild animals should either be in the wild or a secure and professional nature reserve/zoo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom