Chinese Levers

Associate
Hello,

Something I have wanted to do to my CBR for nearly a year now is change the standard brake & clutch levers for some nice Black (race style) levers.

I have looked at the like of Pazzo (and similar in that price range) which look fantastic, but after looking on Ebay I have came across makes such as "BoB Moto" that are pennies compared to the Pazzo set.

I cannot find any specific reviews on this BoB moto but I wanted to find out if anyone here had experience with Chinese CNC levers?

Thanks

David

Soldato
I have genuine Pazzos on my ZX6R and cheap Chinese 2Wheels levers on my FZ6. The difference to the naked eye is minimal. The Chinese ones have a little bit more play in them but nothing really noticable when riding.
The big thing for me was that the black Chinese ones faded and looked horrible as they went a copper/bronze type of colour so I bought a replacement set in silver which have been fine.

Soldato
have some on my ZR7 only had them about 6-7 weeks so there fine so far and a lot better than the one the bike came with.
time will tell I guess, but for the £16.48 I payed for them if I need to buy some more in 12 months or so its no big deal.

try this guy on ebay to see if he has any for your bike, he posted mine very fast, payed on the 21st july and where here on the 26th july
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/eur.ezmoto/&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2754

the pic I took of mine before I fitted them

Last edited:
Associate
I have some cheap ones (ebay advert specifically said they where made in the UK cannot guarantee that) on mine have done for about a year they are just starting to fade but you can only see it at certain angles when the light hits it but for the £20 I paid for them you cant fault them might buy another set a few months down the line when the fading get worse.

Last edited:
Associate
Used 2 sets in the past, exact copies of spazzo's and a fraction of the price. Wouldnt hesitate to buy again but im not fond of stubby levers so would need to be the long ones :)

Associate
Have been a few horror stories on the web, but there has also been a lot of good feedback.

Personally I would rather pay the price for ASV/Pazzo levers and know they have been tested and made to a very, very high standard, not some that have been made in a Chinese workshop. You know what they say... never skimp on brakes or tyres.

But, pay your money.. make your choice. Each to their own :)

Soldato
Have been a few horror stories on the web, but there has also been a lot of good feedback.

Personally I would rather pay the price for ASV/Pazzo levers and know they have been tested and made to a very, very high standard, not some that have been made in a Chinese workshop. You know what they say... never skimp on brakes or tyres.

But, pay your money.. make your choice. Each to their own :)

unless they say made in uk/EU then more than likely made in china anyway like most things these days, just because they cost a lot doesn't mean there always better, lots of companys buy cheap and put there name on and add £'s
it hard these days to know where stuff is really made

Associate
unless they say made in uk/EU then more than likely made in china anyway like most things these days, just because they cost a lot doesn't mean there always better, lots of companys buy cheap and put there name on and add £'s
it hard these days to know where stuff is really made

I'm not saying they must be better because of the price. Being from a large well known performance parts manufacturer you can usually be sure a lot of thought has gone into the design and they meet certain standards.

But... Pazzo levers are made in Canada and ASV levers are made in Amerca just for info.

Like I said, that's just my opinion.

EDIT: Here is some more reading for the OP http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...1285&i=20&nmt=Are+cheap+levers+ok?&mid=201285

Last edited:
Caporegime
i boguht a pair for my cbr, but crashed it before i could fit them they seem prett ysolid, in black and titanium grey. looks really swish

Caporegime
I'm not saying they must be better because of the price. Being from a large well known performance parts manufacturer you can usually be sure a lot of thought has gone into the design and they meet certain standards.

But... Pazzo levers are made in Canada and ASV levers are made in Amerca just for info.

Like I said, that's just my opinion.

EDIT: Here is some more reading for the OP http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...1285&i=20&nmt=Are+cheap+levers+ok?&mid=201285

to be fair, the chinease ones are copies of the good ones, so they have all the same design benifits, just maybe a bit looser tollerences on the cnc machine.

Soldato
to be fair, the chinease ones are copies of the good ones, so they have all the same design benifits, just maybe a bit looser tollerences on the cnc machine.

The worries for me would be material spec. and overall quality control, two areas that are primary failings of most Chinese manufacturers.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feedback!

Took a while to get me back onto this post.

I will keep an eye out on the Chinese levers and have a good think about it, I can understand from the standpoint of quality and testing (although the Chinese are starting to excel in areas like this).
I think a bit more time spent pricing the Pazzo levers and such like to really think if its worth saving my money on.

Thanks again

Caporegime
i got a pair from the two wheeles, for a cbr 600 2001

KP2PEKg.jpg

folding so they dont break in a crash 6 point adjustment and they an slide to be wither two finger stubbies or full size (and anywhere in between).

think they cost 30 quid. if you want to send me a message in trust could send them to you, you can see if they fit/if you like them then chuck us the money for them or if you dont like em just send them back. saves waiting weeks and weeks for a pair from china?

clutch an brake

Soldato
Typical example of Chinese quality there, pivot runs straight into the aluminium rather than provide a bush like OEM levers have. Give it a year and it will be an oval hole.

Soldato
Prior to these Chinese levers coming onto the market, the wife had a set of real Pazzos on her 636 at a price of £120!, I noticed the first set of Chinese copies in 2008 and bought a set. At the time, I knew of no-one who had taken the risk.

They fitted perfectly, even back then. I even swapped parts around between the copies and real Pazzos. Since then I've bought plenty of sets and wouldnt dream of spending £90+ on Pazzos when you can buy a perfectly good copy for £20-25. Never had any issues.

If you're happy on wasting money on the brand name (you maybe the kind of person who spends £1200 on a Macbook Pro to use Facebook :p) but trust me, these ones are just as good.

Back
Top Bottom