**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Well tried to argue it wasn't their fault as the amazon description couldn't be changed, and that their isn't a uk version (which I know is BS as the wife has the same phone!) called them out on both threatened to report a claim to Amazon and they have now accepted the return. I also told them I had opened some of the packaging. Needless to say I will photograph everything before its sent.

So looks like I might end up getting the redmi 5 after all, although I will wait until I get my refund first.

Soldato
End up going for a Huawei P20 Lite.

Appreciate the Redmi 5 is cheaper, the Huawei comes with USB-C fast charging which is a big thing for me, I love the little notch at the top around the screen also, makes good use of the space.

Soldato
End up going for a Huawei P20 Lite.

Appreciate the Redmi 5 is cheaper, the Huawei comes with USB-C fast charging which is a big thing for me, I love the little notch at the top around the screen also, makes good use of the space.

Good choice, I went into Voda shop and compared it to the standard and Pro version. Both of them are overkill for my needs so might get the Lite too.

emu

emu

Associate
Currently using honor 9 lite which is great outdoor visibility on screen is superb . Camera is ok . Have gone for the HTC 10 Evo today for 105 pounds . Looks like a lot of phone for not a lot of money . iOS on a phone for 105 quid. Just hope it doesn't get too warm . I know it's an old chipset but I don't play games . Wish the honor had quick charging apart from that it's superb for 140

Associate
Currently using honor 9 lite which is great outdoor visibility on screen is superb . Camera is ok . Have gone for the HTC 10 Evo today for 105 pounds . Looks like a lot of phone for not a lot of money . iOS on a phone for 105 quid. Just hope it doesn't get too warm . I know it's an old chipset but I don't play games . Wish the honor had quick charging apart from that it's superb for 140
iOS on an Android phone, that is new to me.

maj

maj

Soldato
Xiaomi have released another budget phone, the Redmi S2. Same CPU, GPU and chipset as the Redmi 5 Plus from what I can see, but only 720p. Still could be an option for someone on a budget or just as a spare.

emu

emu

Associate
Stupid autocorrect I meant to to say iOS . I can't find any other phone under 200 pounds that has it . Sorry guys if it sounded confusing .

Lol third time lucky

Last edited:
Soldato
Scored an Umidigi C Note 2 for cheap on eBay (65 quid), and spent a half hour following a guide to getting the bloatware out of the stock ROM. It's replacing a Huawei P8lite (ALE-L21) that suffered a cat-related screen injury, so far impressions are that it's waaaaaaaaay faster than the Huawei!

Looking forward to seeing how it does for battery life with a 4000mAh capacity.

That was a good price! Got mine for around £84 all in, which for what you get I still think is amazing value.

You got a link for that bloatware removal?

I'm finding battery life to be pretty good, standby time especially.

Back
Top Bottom