chucky tv series

Latest episode is ****.

The Jennifer Tilly and Glen/Glenda stuff is outright terrible. I’d go so far to say they should’ve left that aspect in the last few films and just rebooted this.

Don Mancini now doubling down on the woke aspects also feels a bit preachy too.

Last edited:
Latest episode is ****.

The Jennifer Tilly and Glen/Glenda stuff is outright terrible. I’d go so far to say they should’ve left that aspect in the last few films and just rebooted this.

Don Mancini now doubling down on the woke aspects also feels a bit preachy too.

I lasted about 15 mins in the latest episode, utter crap. I want to see chucky terrorising the kids, not a side character that's irritating to listen to

Most of the fans loved this eps but I thought it was just garbage. This woke stuff just doesn't do a thing for me.
As Gerard stated, I want to see kids being terrorised and that what made S1 so enjoyable. I never saw beyond the original film so I couldn't care less about Nica and Jennifer let alone the two woke kids.

Most of the fans loved this eps but I thought it was just garbage. This woke stuff just doesn't do a thing for me.
As Gerard stated, I want to see kids being terrorised and that what made S1 so enjoyable. I never saw beyond the original film so I couldn't care less about Nica and Jennifer let alone the two woke kids.

Which fans loved this? :eek:

Seriously, there were two good moments in the episode and both of them were associated with the ending i.e. the final twist and the fact it ended :D

My face watching this season...

giphy.gif

I liked what they did in the last 2 episodes (to a certain degree) but they've doubled down on everything that made the original films worse. I think I'll just have to accept that they've deviated too far from the original 2 films and are more satirical comedies now which is a shame because if they'd stuck to a more sinister tone this could have been great.

Frustratingly, there are glimpses of what made the franchise good but just when you think it's going to get better, they'll throw in some more nonsense. Rinse and repeat.

My criticisms...

[*] Having the whole plot centre around the kids in the monastery was a mistake. It was the worst part of Child's Play 3 and it didn't work here.
[*] I wasn't onboard with Glen/Glenda but warmed to them. The idea of them blurring the line between good and bad was an interesting idea until they went full Dick Van Dyke doll at the end.
[*] Tiffany was a totally different character than season 1. What happened to her being one step ahead of the curve and street smart? She was dumber than a box of rocks.
[*] I did like that "Jennifer Tilly" was wanted for murder but think they should have done more with that than the one cop who showed up at her house and the one killed at the hospital.
[*] Related to Tiffany... the big reveal that the real Jennifer Tilly was still alive and trapped inside the Belle doll was a nice twist... only for her to get splatted by a HGV immediately. Wasted that one.
[*] The rules around the body switching changed from episode to episode. One minute it's "it has to be a good guy doll" then he's transferred into the old woman :rolleyes:
[*] Too much woke **** for me. That entire murder mystery episode was up there with the worst of any TV show. Utter dross.

I think I'll sit out season 3 unless the reviews suggest it's dramatically improved but I'd give it a 3/10 for season 2.

Last edited:
I have so much catching up to do with this, I have not seen any of season 2 yet and forgot all about it to be honest

The first season was decent, but I struggled with the second and never actually got around to finishing it.

Anyone able to confirm if S03 improves? If so I might just read up on S02 and skip watching it.

Last edited:
I'm not too surprised. The show was all over the place when I left it and it was just moving away from what I initially enjoyed - Chucky being a complete ******* and murdering folks in style. When Jenn Tilly and the other lady came into mix it became messy and then Brenda/Glenda or whatever that was completely messed things up further.

Reactions: Kyo
Back
Top Bottom