Cinch more like crap

Soldato
Transporters are driven on the road, no?
Ah the ones Cazoo use are like lorries where you drive the car in.

I don't know the technical term, but it's all covered anyway. But looking at Cinch website they do drive the cars to you from their depot.

Soldato
Next you'll be suggesting it isn't 'full specification' with just £7k of extras on it :eek:

C’mon now, let’s call a spade, a spade. It’s a 2nd hand car, that’s been used. Sounds like from the issues mentioned, it’s hardly just out the wrapper.

It also hasn’t been seen in person, so who knows what other potential issues await. Saying it’s like a brand new car at this stage, is setting yourself up for a fall. It’s maybe got less miles than average, but it’s def used.

Hope it all turns out well though.

Soldato
I still can't get my head around buying a used car online. Every time, without exception, I've gone to see a car at a main dealer or otherwise, it's had something on it which needed to be rectified before we would buy it. I'm going to have a look at another few today so we'll find out if that holds true
The online places are much more transparent than the bricks and mortar places. They’ll show issues, damage, etc on the photos and videos and give a decent money back guarantee.
Bricks and mortar places hide damage on the photos, don’t tell you about it on calls and don’t highlight it on videos. They want you in the building and then deal with, thinking it’s more likely you’ll buy once you’re in.

Thankfully, the proliferation of the online shops have made the traditional places work harder for the customer and these practices listed above are slowly changing.

Soldato
The online places are much more transparent than the bricks and mortar places. They’ll show issues, damage, etc on the photos and videos and give a decent money back guarantee.
Bricks and mortar places hide damage on the photos, don’t tell you about it on calls and don’t highlight it on videos. They want you in the building and then deal with, thinking it’s more likely you’ll buy once you’re in.

Thankfully, the proliferation of the online shops have made the traditional places work harder for the customer and these practices listed above are slowly changing.
That certainly seems to be the case and it ties in with the financial and psychology side of things. By the time you arrive at a physical dealership you've invested time and cost getting there so as annoying as that extra scratch is you can justify to yourself overlooking it.

With the online dealers by the time the car is in front of you they have incurred the cost and effort of getting it there so they really don't want to give you any reason to use that money back guarantee.

Soldato
Ah the ones Cazoo use are like lorries where you drive the car in.

I don't know the technical term, but it's all covered anyway. But looking at Cinch website they do drive the cars to you from their depot.

see these on the road quite a bit (like, more than once :p) - just look like step frame box trailers, I kinda assumed they were exhibition trailers used at shows etc, didn't realise they were enclosed car transporters

Soldato
Or he went for a drive and the wheels came off, car spun into a ditch and he is now lying helplessly trapped by his seatbelt upside down...

(I'll feel terrible if this is actually the case)

OP Last Seen "Monday at 09:25AM"

Perhaps Cinch didn't test whether or not the SOS Function was working as intended prior to delivery and he is actually in a ditch trapped upside down by his seatbelt :eek:

Soldato
14 day many back guarantee; fairly low effort if there is an issue. But you are right, it must be a bit weird. The masses don't seem to care though - cars being for utility and all that.
As expected, looked at a 23k mile 2018 V90 and at a main dealer and it had a big scuff on it's rear bumper, the seat bolster was worn, the front drivers and passenger door had big dents (not parking dents) and chips out of the paint. Annoyingly even though we told them we wanted to come and see it, and they've had it for several weeks, they still "hadn't prepped it". Nevermind though as we saw an 2018 XC60 which was nicer, but still had some paint defects like big scratches and some decent door dents. My nearly 80k mile C63 is in a *much* better state and even my partners is 2007 Audi A3 with 165k miles!

I get the feeling that people treat their car's so badly, probably because they're all bought on finance and people only see them as a £400pm asset, rather than a £50,000 one. 4 year old cars with 20-40k miles on the clock at a main dealer shouldn't look this battered. We had another look at a £40k XC60 T8 which had been sold - and it looked like a bit of a state too. Dings all over it, rubber seals had come off the doors, interior scuffs etc and that was just what we saw in the 2 minutes or so we were poking around it.

Soldato
I'm not precious about my company car at all and yet it still seems to be in better condition than most cars of a similar age. I do wonder exactly how careless people are with their cars!

Then again I do have a theory that the more careful you are with your car the more it naturally attracts careless donks to hit it.

Oh and I'm sure the "awaiting preparation" is a ploy because they know people need cars and due to the lack of supply at the moment people are having to drop their expectations. No prep equals more profit for the stealers.

Soldato
Did Cinch deliver in the end? Had anyone else used them or their warranty?

A guy in work bought there and he seems impressed with the process.

Decent garages are few and far between but I do wonder how good the 14 day faff thing is, how does that work on finance do they just cancel it or move to another car?

Man of Honour
People at work have had mixed impressions - I don't think anyone had a problem warranty wise but some have had delays or vehicles turn up with engine management light on, etc. but others have been very impressed with the service.

Was tempted to use them recently when I needed a vehicle under some time/situation constraints but ended up going with a nearby dealer who was a known quantity rather than risk it when I didn't have much leeway for things not going to plan.

Soldato
Every time I look at a car on the likes of Carzoo and Cinch they always have more photos of the damage than good shots of the car. Always puts me off.

If I'm dropping a huge wedge on a new car I'd want to see it in person before putting a deposit down.

Man of Honour
Every time I look at a car on the likes of Carzoo and Cinch they always have more photos of the damage than good shots of the car. Always puts me off.

Isn't that the point? You know what the car looks like, what you need to know is anything that stops it being in perfect condition.

Back
Top Bottom