Cinema

Caporegime
No, I'm done with the cinema now. It's not so much the cost (although it is very expensive these days), but I don't actually enjoy the experience. I nearly always end up sitting near someone who speaks throughout the entire film, or sits munching popcorn.

I know it's all part of the experience, but it's not for me.

In fact thinking back, I think the last time might have been to see Endgame. Three lads I was sitting next to spent the 2+ hours texting on their phones lol

If you go to the cinema now you'll be socially distanced.

Soldato
I wouldn't be going if I had to pay full price, but with Unlimited it's great to get out and sit somewhere without my own personal distractions. During lockdown the neighbours have stayed in so couldn't really give the 5.1 the volume it really needs. I'll be there on Wednesday after work.

Caporegime
Not sure i will go to the cinema ever again. With the advent of great sized TV's and great sound systems, i would much prefer just waiting a bit and watching new films in the comfort of my own home.

to be honest....I'm not really sure what the advantage of going to the cinema actually is anymore..

Last edited:
Soldato
Never understood why cinemas sold popcorn and slush puppys. It's a bit like selling umbrellas with BBQs.....they don't go together, but they kinda do. A necessary evil perhaps.

It wouldn't surprise me if they started selling pork scratchings. I mean I'd sell flumps personally, but I guess you need the noise for the cinema 'experience'.

Caporegime
Never understood why cinemas sold popcorn and slush puppys. It's a bit like selling umbrellas with BBQs.....they don't go together, but they kinda do. A necessary evil perhaps.

It wouldn't surprise me if they started selling pork scratchings. I mean I'd sell flumps personally, but I guess you need the noise for the cinema 'experience'.

It's not the noise that they want, is the profit margin. It probably cost them £1 for a kilo of corn which will turn into £100 of sale or something silly. Slush Puppies is sugar syrup on ice, which is water. 99% of that is water. Profit margins on these is what keep the cinema in business.

They would sell fresh chips or crisps if it's safe to make that behind the counter vs the ease of a popcorn machine, looks like massive volume. Plus it's a tradition for a lot of people, the whole popcorn in the cinema thing.

Some cinemas will serve you a burger and fries but they are not common but do you really want to eat that in the dark?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I really used to enjoy it. I could escape real life, and just absorb. Now I'm not so sure, although I have young boys and I will be taking them to see Peter Rabbit II when I can. What used to happen, wife would go shopping and whilst we were there I would slope off with my two and watch something with them whilst she shopped. Always worked well.

Back
Top Bottom