CISSP

Soldato
I passed the CISSP last year. I took almost all of the 6 hrs.

I passed the CISM and Security + this year. The CISM exam was definitely the more difficult

The Shon Harris was the go to book but she has died so i dont know if her last book contains all the addition information since the exam change last year.

Although I am concerned about how hard it may be. Someone did recommend CISM as a stepping stone but having looked it's more management of IT rather than hands on, and I'd be less likely to have that course authorised by work.

Both CISSP and CISM require you to provide evidence of your experience once you pass the exam to become certified. Not really stepping stones or entry.

I would start with Security + and then maybe CEH (Certified Ethical Hacking).

Last edited:
Associate
I've completed the CEH course and passed the exam. It was an enjoyable course and pretty interesting.

I would recommend it. Its great having all these qualifications but its much better putting this knowledge into place at the work place.

I assume a lot of you guys\girls either work in a IT Security position or want to?

Associate
I've been working in security for years now without gaining any real qualifications. I've heard that the CISSP is considered slightly devalued recently but still seems to be the standard that people ask for. I think I'm going to have a go at some point this year...

Associate
I've been working in security for years now without gaining any real qualifications. I've heard that the CISSP is considered slightly devalued recently but still seems to be the standard that people ask for. I think I'm going to have a go at some point this year...

yeah thinking about doing this exam at some point. I've been in corporate IT since last millenium and don't have any qualifications at all (in IT). This one might actually be sensible career move. Got people here who already have this so getting a sponsor should be possible.

Back
Top Bottom