Cities: Skylines

Underboss
Loved this game when it first came out, then they made it like The Sims with hundreds of DLCs but core mechanics like the traffic still bugged.

Any word on CS:2 yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
Reinstalled this Saturday afternoon.

Played 12 hours since Saturday afternoon and haven't played today.

This game is not good for my life :cry:

Previously i've always gone into it with the mentality of "MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY, GRIDS, MAX POPULATION" but this time I decided to try and grow a small riverside village organically following the contours of the land and making it look "nice" and natural, however I have just hit the part of the game where you spend three hours reworking roundabouts to improve traffic!

Soldato
That tends to be my mindset. Maximum efficiency through road hierarchy and "only turning left" designs with no giving way. I eventually crack and end up building slightly more interesting giant neighbourhoods or separate entire towns on the other side of the map lol. I might get the promenades expansion and fiddle with car free stuff.

Soldato

Previously i've always gone into it with the mentality of "MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY, GRIDS, MAX POPULATION" but this time I decided to try and grow a small riverside village organically following the contours of the land and making it look "nice" and natural, however I have just hit the part of the game where you spend three hours reworking roundabouts to improve traffic!
Sounds like you need to watch City Planner Playson YouTube. He's good at taking a leisurely approach to building his towns and cities.

Soldato

This is edited really well

Interesting video

Soldato
Wondering if anyone has worked out bus lines properly?

No matter what I do my bus lines seem to have 500+ people waiting at certain stops. I have a Metro line and have stations at each district and spaced relatively closely.

It's not really affecting the game at all, city of 40k pop with traffic at 89-92%, just wondering if there's something I can do to stop massive hordes of people standing at a bus stop! :cry:

Associate
Wondering if anyone has worked out bus lines properly?

No matter what I do my bus lines seem to have 500+ people waiting at certain stops. I have a Metro line and have stations at each district and spaced relatively closely.

It's not really affecting the game at all, city of 40k pop with traffic at 89-92%, just wondering if there's something I can do to stop massive hordes of people standing at a bus stop! :cry:
I tend to cheese it. Use advanced vehicle options mod, make the buses carry 300 people each :D
Or use a transport line manager mod to up the number of vehicles on the lines.

Soldato
I tend to cheese it. Use advanced vehicle options mod, make the buses carry 300 people each :D
Or use a transport line manager mod to up the number of vehicles on the lines.

I haven't looked at mods yet, trying my hardest to do a mostly vanilla city :cry:

Minus a few assets plus 81 tiles unlocked of course!

Associate
Looking to get started in this again, do mod packs exists that would include the must haves? Only time I played it previously was vanilla in the first year of the game.

Man of Honour
Looking to get started in this again, do mod packs exists that would include the must haves? Only time I played it previously was vanilla in the first year of the game.
Theres loads of them for Cities 1, hopefully all the key ones will come out pretty soon after release for Cities 2

Associate
Theres loads of them for Cities 1, hopefully all the key ones will come out pretty soon after release for Cities 2
Do you have one to recommend?

Is it worthwhile buying any of the expansions/dlc?

I'm in the same boat as Shadowness, I was waiting for 2 to come out but recently found out it wasn't coming to Mac.

Last edited:
Associate
Do you have one to recommend?

Is it worthwhile buying any of the expansions/dlc?

I'm in the same boat as Shadowness, I was waiting for 2 to come out but recently found out it wasn't coming to Mac.
I'm not the person who replied to you but I did have some success a year or two back with a collection put together buy a guy who I think was called "Flabaliki". It was all the mods he was using in a YouTube series he did but I just used it as a base point to get the key ones and then deselected anything I wasn't interested in to trim it down a bit.

Associate
Thanks mate, I saw another youtube video who had a run down on the must have mods and made a collection so going to try that one out first and if no good, i'll look for that youtubers video after.

Soldato
I tend to use the mod packs that Biffa uses, though not played CS1 for a while, and have a city building itch but with CS2 coming out next month don't want to start getting city building in CS1 and then abandon it.

Soldato
I wonder if the reason cities skylines 2 for console has been delayed is because the system requirements have been updated and the recommended for pc is now a 12900k/5800x and a 3080 10gb.

Soldato
I wonder if the reason cities skylines 2 for console has been delayed is because the system requirements have been updated and the recommended for pc is now a 12900k/5800x and a 3080 10gb.

Might be time for me to upgrade my 2080ti then have to see how it copes at 4K

Back
Top Bottom