City Fibre

Associate
Got a email from CityFibre, " Were building soon in your Area" So I did a Postcode Check on Giganet and others and it says Coming Sep 2024. BT have loads of people are the place digging up the roads so they might come sooner

Associate
going to place an order here with No One, just had an odd conversation with my current provider Giganet, my contract has expired and instead of them being able to just switch me onto a new plan, i would have to cancel and reorder a new service....

Needless to say i have found a better deal and will now be leaving them completely.

Associate
going to place an order here with No One, just had an odd conversation with my current provider Giganet, my contract has expired and instead of them being able to just switch me onto a new plan, i would have to cancel and reorder a new service....

Needless to say i have found a better deal and will now be leaving them completely.
any specific reason over vodafone? vodafone + TCB + £3 off mobile + very me rewards make it really tempting for me even with RPI increase

Last edited:
Associate
any specific reason over vodafone? vodafone + TCB + £3 off mobile + very me rewards make it really tempting for me even with RPI increase

Customer support awful
Yearly price increases
Router is garbage
As others said packet loss or routing issues.

Cashback can be hit or miss as well.

If the deal looks good for yourself go for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
See my post below from the other week - it's a real mixed bag of experience around here however so do a search, have a read through a few threads and make your mind up from there. Have done 4 cashback claims with them over the years, none ever refused.

Been with them since March last year for FTTP and used them before for FTTC, connection is indistinguishable from previous BT fibre connection in either speed, uptime or latency, rock solid, no issues. One issue I had a few years back with FTTC had a call to their support and an engineer out the next day and fixed.

Also TCB are offering £120 at the mo, much better than the quidco offer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone else having problems tonight on city fibre? I’m having shocking wired download speeds anywhere from 60mb to 450mb but it can’t sustain the higher download(it looks like a rollercoaster) , normal 900mb upload speeds, restart router checked connections all looks ok, steam also won’t get above 400Mbps, when it was over 800Mbps when I patched a game the other day

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Is anyone else having problems tonight on city fibre? I’m having shocking wired download speeds anywhere from 60mb to 450mb but it can’t sustain the higher download(it looks like a rollercoaster) , normal 900mb upload speeds, restart router checked connections all looks ok, steam also won’t get above 400Mbps, when it was over 800Mbps when I patched a game the other day
ISP?

Soldato
no one

yep defiantly something wrong, I have sat for the last hour and reinstalled a game from Steam(CoD), EA(Battlefield V) and rockstar(RDR2) and each one maxed out at almost exactly 435Mbps (95 MB/s)

TBH I’m pretty underwhelmed compared to Virgin where I had a constant 930Mbps at all times when downloading from game clients

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone able to send pings/speedtests of No One w/ location? Would be interesting to see, trying to get an idea of latency, might try them later.
They have solid peering considering their size, I've only been able to find 1-2 results of their latency.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone able to send pings/speedtests of No One w/ location? Would be interesting to see, trying to get an idea of latency, might try them later.
They have solid peering considering their size, I've only been able to find 1-2 results of their latency.
My latency is only a few ms better than VM at 14ms to bbc

Soldato
Just had no one installed.

Can get around 730/730 on WiFi right next to the router however the firestick in the next room won't get more than 25mb and it now says it can't steam more than 720p. Not sure if I need to play with the router settings or get an extender. Never had the router in this room before so can't compare.

Hopefully teething issues and will settle after 24hrs?

Soldato
I'll have to find something to plug in to it directly and run a speed test.

Do you guys use 2.5 or 5ghz and pick your signals for both or just let the router do its thing.

The router was set to united states, it was meant to be pre set up!

Back
Top Bottom