City Fibre

Soldato
Connected earlier today, latency is insane, never thought it possible to be under 5ms from midlands.

Feels odd having so much upload bandwidth as well.

I am also surprised how I am noticing faster web browsing, to make sure not placebo I switched back and forth to VM and it is visible.

Soldato
Connected earlier today, latency is insane, never thought it possible to be under 5ms from midlands.

Feels odd having so much upload bandwidth as well.

I am also surprised how I am noticing faster web browsing, to make sure not placebo I switched back and forth to VM and it is visible.
Which ISP and speed did you end up going with?

Soldato
It was the better quality support and routing I was mostly wondering about, if it’s that much better than yeah the extra £7 a month is worth it.

Do they have the yearly price increases like other providers?

Associate
It was the better quality support and routing I was mostly wondering about, if it’s that much better than yeah the extra £7 a month is worth it.

They definitely have a better reputation in that regard. I have no personal experience with either of the two companies. Check their T&Cs for CPI clauses :)

Associate

Had a look at idnet and their site states:

No mid contract price rises

So you should be good.

Soldato
Are IDNet worth it over Yayzi? They have just launched 2.5Gb for £57.
Yayzi we're good when i first signed up with them but they are pretty terrible now. The latency on a evening is quite bad, the support is very hit and miss and they are yet to assign me a static IP which is included in my package.

Soldato
Yayzi we're good when i first signed up with them but they are pretty terrible now. The latency on a evening is quite bad, the support is very hit and miss and they are yet to assign me a static IP which is included in my package.
You should be getting mid single digits in Doncaster to London on Yayzi, have you raised the issue as generally high latency (as opposed to the evening spike for some reason) isn't something i've seen discussed on the Yayzi forum. I do agree on the static side, this is one area where Yayzi do continually seem to have had issues, however since about 5 days after the migration my IP has been static, though I know from the forums that hasn't been the case for everyone, even where Liam has expressly stated it's been sorted.

Associate
You should be getting mid single digits in Doncaster to London on Yayzi, have you raised the issue as generally high latency (as opposed to the evening spike for some reason) isn't something i've seen discussed on the Yayzi forum. I do agree on the static side, this is one area where Yayzi do continually seem to have had issues, however since about 5 days after the migration my IP has been static, though I know from the forums that hasn't been the case for everyone, even where Liam has expressly stated it's been sorted.
I'm based in Leeds and yayzi customer support told me to expect pings of around 10ms... If they have their gateways in London, I'd say calculate with around 8ms

Soldato
I'm based in Leeds and yayzi customer support told me to expect pings of around 10ms... If they have their gateways in London, I'd say calculate with around 8ms
I'm 11ms just south of Newcastle so that's probably not unrealistic. There are plans to have a presence in Manchester for what it's worth.

Back
Top Bottom