Cree: Poundmaker
Mongolia: Genghis Khan
Phoenicia: Dido
Netherlands: Queen Wilhelmina
Korea: Queen Seondeok

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I don't really mind the graphics. The graphics in Civ 5, although an oldish game now, never bother me and I just play it for the strategy. Still, they should be better, texture wise at least and the colours a bit more "deep" so it doesn't look as cartoony.

Soldato
OP
A guy on r/civ on Reddit did a colour fix of one the screenshots. Looks a lot better. If they just increase the texture resolution somewhat then I'd be really happy with it.

LxnXZNgl.jpg

Also the game will appear have all of the content that Civ 5 currently has in the base game which is good, was expecting more of a shell of a game that needs 2 expansions to fix. See here. Quote:

In previous iterations of the series, certain systems were left out of the initial release, which were then added in through subsequent expansions. Beach told us, however, that all of the major systems — including espionage, religion, tourism, archaeology, and trade routes — will be in place at launch. He admits that some will be more fleshed out than others, still leaving room for later additions, but the basics will be there. Beach cited his team’s experience on Civ V’s expansions as ideal preparation for tackling the core game’s entirety.

Soldato
OP
Wasnt sure if I liked the new look from the original screenshots but have to say now that I've seen them in motion I rather like them. Loving that day/night cycle too

Yeah they are pretty nice in motion when playing the normal game, although I think they could maybe tweak the colours to be less saturated and preferably increased texture quality but they are minor issues and the game isn't out for months yet.

Soldato
OP
I personally like the look of this. I honestly don't understand why there is a marmite reaction to this video (perhaps the first image released was meh, but after seeing it running, personally cant complain).

Yeah, I'm quite surprised. It looks a lot better in motion than the still screenshots showed.

Soldato
OP
They've been periodically releasing leader videos which give a nice insight into who's the leader of that civilization and what their unique benefits are. Egypt got release yesterday but they've also shown England and America. Glad there's a shake up of the leaders and we're not just getting a rehash of 5's roster.

Soldato
OP
Japan look really nice. Glad they kept the Samurai as that unit was awesome. The new bonuses for tight packing districts sounds interesting. Not sure how effective that bonuses when on a coast will be though for units, can imagine much fighting is done there other than early game (assuming we'd still need tech before we can enter deep water).

Soldato
OP
Honestly the game could be potato quality in the graphics department but if they have nailed the strategy / core game then I wouldn't care. I'm surprised how many people are bothered so much by it. It's why Civ 4 is still so popular, the strategy in a 4x game is way more important than the eye candy. But I'm not agreeing that it's a bad looking game; personally I love the stylised "cartoony" graphics, it's very vibrant and refreshing.

Only thing right now I'm praying for in Civ 6 is good AI. Civ 5 wasn't bad (well, eventually, was horrific at the start) but it was too predictable and the difficulties levels were so cheesey. AI didn't get any smarter, it just got a headstart.

Soldato
OP
I'm happy to pre-order it even after BE (which isn't terrible, but is very average), but I'm not pre-ordering for £50. Will keep an eye on other retailers until it gets around £30 ish.

Soldato
OP
If you see a deep and thought-provoking strategy game underneath those cartoony graphics you are in for a big shock.

You can play this game on a tablet with ease because it's simple. Trying doing the same with EUIV.

This is just utter nonsense. Why can't it be "deep and thought-provoking" because it has "cartoony" graphics? Purely because of the graphics? And what makes it simple? We've haven't seen that much of the game to make any judgement either for or against it's complexity. You have no idea how well Civ VI would run on a tablet, assuming it would purely because it has "cartoony" graphics is garbage.

Also, you can play EU4 on a tablet.

esoteric said:
It's been £29.99 on cdkeys since they put it up. £28.49 after the 5% Facebook code.

Nice! Thanks :)

Soldato
OP
I must admit the worker thing was a bit odd as I like the way workers are at the moment in Civ 5 but I don't know enough about the overall game to see how well they fit in.

Also, read today also that Christopher Tin is doing the Civ 6 theme \o/

Soldato
OP
Eagle Warriors sound really awesome turning defeated units into workers. Must admit though I'm going to miss the Montezuma screen from Civ 5.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
There are definitely other suitable people to lead France but I think Catherine de' Medici a good pick. She was one of the most powerful women (if not the most) in Europe during the 1500s. I'd imagine someone like the Cersei character from Game of Thrones has a lot of inspiration from her. I'm glad they've made France lean towards a spy/espionage civilisation as she was very shady so it fits well.

Back
Top Bottom