Civilization VI

Soldato
OP
I'll probably just random for a while, isn't really any Civilization's that have been shown that I don't like. Hopefully stays that way when they show the rest :)

Soldato
OP
They don't get an aqueduct district per-say but they do get aqueducts, they're just part of the unique "Roman Baths" district. You can still see the aqueducts at 00:53 covering a few tiles.

Soldato
OP
I don't mind in this case with Aztec, it's just an incentive to pre-order it but since everyone gets it anyway for free I'm not too bothered. If it wasn't free though and they started charging people something like £4.99 after 90 days then I'd say it was bad.

Soldato
OP
Some Low vs. Ultra graphics comparisons from Reddit below. Other than the lack of shadows and some blur on the texture it's not a huge difference, at least from these shots. The strategic overview looks fantastic though:

Strategic Overview
t11dgxe7wlqx.jpg
Low vs. Ultra
0JRW9Eo.jpg

RtU7DSb.jpg

lzxMCAq.jpg

G2o5h5P.jpg

RoAgQOj.jpg

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I think it was either going to be Sparta and Greece separately or two leaders for Greece. It's great though, the community will hopefully be able to release leader mods rather than full Civ mods, and Firaxis will be able to release more leaders for Civilizations already in the game... although hopefully not stupidly priced.

Soldato
OP
Curious ! Wonder why Greece gets 2 leaders.

Could just be at random for a proof of concept so-to-speak. I'd imagine in a year or so we'll have a lot more through DLC.

Cool. There are a few leaders I think should be included as a matter of principle, though mostly due to civ series nostalgia, Issy is one of them. I'd also chuck in Abe, Alexander, Augustus, Frederick, Gandhi, Lizzy, Monty, Shaka & Toku.

It would also be cool if somehow they included Baba Yetu in VI. Still the best opening music on any Civ game imho.
I think it's one of the best opening music on any game, not just specifically Civ. He's doing some new music for Civ VI as well as the opening music but I've not heard it yet, hopefully as good/better than Baba Yetu but would be hard to beat!

Soldato
OP

Was for Civ V, but still appropriate :p

I told mine and her response was "OMG, I cannot wait, which Civ are you going to pick? Can we do a multiplayer on the largest map, I'm going to pick random for Civ as they all look great"

:D

:D To be fair they do all look great, I can't think of a "bad" one. Think I'll be doing the same and just going full random for a while. Did you get your Kinguin keys in the end?

Also for others, mine is also 3.9 GB for the pre-load... not sure what the difference could be to people with 7.7 GB. Was thinking Digital Deluxe maybe but that would have been a really large OST.

Soldato
OP
No, I'm digital deluxe and still 3.9GB. I've also had a separate code for the Aztecs, not that I'd expect that to add to the size.

Maybe some have multilingual keys for their games rather than UK, would explain the file size if it's got an extra 7 or so languages with it.

Soldato
OP
Has anyone got their hands on a version with higher difficulties or is this based on the Prince difficulty only build that a lot of YouTubers have been given?

I think it's mostly from the AI live stream they showed off last night and an article GQ posted about the AI. Some of the decisions the AI made were... well, bad. Such as the AI still settles in stupid places (those random cities in ice lands purely for 1 tile with a resource), or it'll build too many of a unit or just builds the incorrect units, or becomes a bit skiddish in war. On the flip side Firaxis did say they weren't using the latest build in their demo although they were playing on King. As for GQ they are/were using the same build as everyone else on Prince.

For what's been shown though I'm not expecting leaps and bounds from Civ 5 in terms of how good the AI is and I'm expecting it to be either be a little improvement or pretty much the same. It was all I was ever realistically expecting in terms of the AI given how Civ V and BE were, and that it'll eventually be fixed with mods like Civ V had with Communitas and CPP. I'm not saying that's a good thing though; if it's left to modders again to fix the AI issues then it's horrible for Firaxis.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Loving it so far, making so many mistakes though due to how much there is to learn again. Got pummeled by Brazil in one game, wasn't overly worried with his 5 warrior force but then realised that cities can't ranged attack units anymore unless you have walls built :p

Only came across two bugs at the moment. That tech boost that requires you have a 6 pop city works even if you use that city to build a settler (which is -1 pop). If you build a settler at 4 pop then raise the city to 5 pop you get the boost.

The other more annoying bug for me is the cam pan doesn't work properly using the mouse to drag, having to use the arrow keys :/

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've had to turn off Barbarians for now, it's like Civ 5's raging barbarians is always on and then some. This is turn 16!

xjdN4m4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom