Clapping Banned at Manchester University Student Union Events

Soldato
Well I doubt it would be anything to do the "brown envelopes", "conflicts of interest" etc...
You wouldn't think so, but given all this stuff some of our management get up to it wouldn't surprise me.

A manger or managers having a rose tinted view of their old university isn't exactly uncommon, it certainly doesn't in itself imply some corruption etc.. not that you've substantiated how any of that would work?
A couple of people did get hauled over coals for it at one point. Basically it's biassed recruitment, since they ignore people with the same or even better qualifications, in favour of just giving the jobs directly to the grads from their own Uni. It's very much against company policies on equal opportunities and the like.

Caporegime
A couple of people did get hauled over coals for it at one point. Basically it's biassed recruitment, since they ignore people with the same or even better qualifications, in favour of just giving the jobs directly to the grads from their own Uni. It's very much against company policies on equal opportunities and the like.

that seems rather odd for your company to take that stance as it is pretty much a given at plenty of other companies

for example anyone wanting a career in banking is well aware that there are "target universities" for various banks - which almost always include Oxbridge, the top London colleges (ICL, UCL, LSE) + Warwick

Soldato
that seems rather odd for your company to take that stance as it is pretty much a given at plenty of other companies. for example anyone wanting a career in banking is well aware that there are "target universities" for various banks - which almost always include Oxbridge, the top London colleges (ICL, UCL, LSE) + Warwick
Oh, we can target general recruitment at universities, plural, sure. "Come to us when you have your degree" sort of thing.
But our EMTs cannot go directly to Johnny Jobsworth Esquire at Nottingham Uni and say, "I went to this place. Come see me when you're bored and I'll create a Lvl2 Manager role specifically for you, starting on a couple hundred grand".

Back
Top Bottom