Clarkson's Farm

If he doesn't it'll show that he's actually serious about farming but if he does, it means that he's not really interested and it's all done just for the show.
I personally think it would be fair and expected that he would hand it over to someone to manage if the show ended. He's getting on and it's hard work, he could still keep an eye in, do some of the bits he enjoys but hand the main responsibility to someone else. Mind you, if it's not profitable, is it worth it if you're not doing and enjoying it yourself? Maybe he'd move it to YouTube as a vlog :cry:

I'd like to see the maths on the restaurant actually. So, the cow's cost £250k for 20, the original restaurant was going to be £250k. How much was he going to make per cow, was it £12k? I can't remember how much of the £250k for cows was setup costs and how much would be recurring for every 20. The restaurant would have significant running costs. I guess having what I assume is the most expensive cost (the beef) himself, I guess it's quite profitable once it's setup and running?

Don't forget alcohol, that side of the business is often what makes a restaurant profitable.

Don't forget alcohol, that side of the business is often what makes a restaurant profitable.
Yeah, for sure. I guess I just thought it was a pretty huge initial investment and then running costs, but I did some real quick maths -

45 people per sitting, maybe 6 sittings a day, maybe £40 per head = £10,800 per day.

3 days a week for 30 weeks = £972,000....

Fair enough... :cry:

I started watching season 2 and wife joined me , she really enjoyed the series which I didn't think she would . Glad we are getting a 3rd season she does seem to like Clarkson's slapstick injuries and watching his face when Gerald speaks :cry:

The whole planning board is everything wrong with this country. It’s actually painful and sad to watch, especially having grown up on and around farms. I see it in our area all the time, don’t worry if your a big developer who goes back on their promises though.

Wife and I watched the second series over a couple of evenings and thoroughly enjoyed it. As has already been said, they're filming the third series and will have been doing so since harvest last year.

If Amazon cancel it after series 3, it'll be really interesting to see if Clarkson carries on farming himself or hands it over to a manager. If he doesn't it'll show that he's actually serious about farming but if he does, it means that he's not really interested and it's all done just for the show.

He’ll be on his way to mid 60s by then, wouldn’t blame him for handing it over. He genuinely seems to care and gets stuck in. In the face of the laughable state the industry is in I could imagine him packing it in tbh.

Last edited:
Fabulous series, one of the best programs ever. My only complaint is how bloody short the series is!
If the episodes were 1hr+, and there were 22 of them it would be brilliant.
Such an unexpected gem of a program. So well edited, and with Clarksons personality and wit, makes for very pleasurable viewing.
:)

Last edited:
I’m a few episodes in now and enjoying it.

It’s very classic Clarkson, although you can tell which parts which are scripted and which parts are not. Let’s just say it’s not a coincidence that Caleb or Charlie turn up at the most opportune moments.

That said, I don’t think you could script Gerald if you tried.

Caleb and Charlie definitely make the show though. They are both very different people but both are able to connect with the audience and deliver their roles extremely well and very much needed to offset Jeremy.

My ex bought one.... Got thrown out 12 hrs later as she said it was to dangerous and a load of stiches in the palm of her hand :)

Made me wince every time they reshowed it. Ouch.
Same here - As i have done exactly the same whilst using it to slice potato - and also whilst explaining to my wife how sharp the blade is and to be careful.

Mine wasn't quite as deep as his (no bone on show) but took a good chunk off the top of my thumb and fingernail!

As I've said elsewhere, if it were anyone other than Clarkson it'd get the go ahead, and yes, he has spent his last 30 years annoying people and generally being loud, rude and obnoxious but he's actively trying to do something to support the local area and wider farming community in a way someone with his media presence can do, any normal farmer did the things he's trying to do and we wouldn't even know about it..

See what happens in season 3..

Back
Top Bottom