Closing Ceremony & Olympic Inspiration

Soldato
Wow, what non sense.

I think you need to goto bed

Are you going to retract your ridiculous comment about me not being human? Or that I'm a lost soul. Or, failing that are you going to explain yourself? You haven't added anything. I've explained my viewpoint, you've just throw insults at me like a child.

Soldato
Are you going to retract your ridiculous comment about me not being human? Or, failing that are you going to explain yourself?

No.

I felt pride during this olympics, pride at what Team GB achieved, pride that the nation actually did pull together for it and it seems it was a huge success. The UK actually pulled it off in a great way.

You didn't feel any pride.

Thats the jist.

Soldato
No.

I felt pride during this olympics, pride at what Team GB achieved, pride that the nation actually did pull together for it and it seems it was a huge success. The UK actually pulled it off in a great way.

Thats the jist.

Correct, so why suggest that I'm inhuman and a lost soul? You were unable to tell me why I should feel pride. You failed here, not me.

One day, when you grow up you'll realise that people can have different opinions. Instead of trying to belittle someone, you'll be able to discuss these. You've proved you're incapable of adult discussion so I won't even bother anymore.

Night kid!

Soldato
No.

Thats the jist.

That is a good definition of pride in my eyes. However, for halfwits, and let's be honest, the majority of 'proud' people it usually mean rising against others and segregating themselves to and us vs them. I want nothing to do with scum like that.

Pride to me mean that I can go out in the world, meet new people and smile and thank them if they mention that we hosted a good Olympics, even if I had bugger all to do with hosting it.

However, being 'proud' for the sake of being born on a patch of land where I had no say in the matter, leave it out. It make as little sense now as it did on day one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Correct, so why suggest that I'm inhuman and a lost soul? You were unable to tell me why I should feel pride. You failed here, not me.

One day, when you grow up you'll realise that people can have different opinions. Instead of trying to belittle someone, you'll be able to discuss these. You've proved you're incapable of adult discussion so I won't even bother anymore.

Night kid!

Patronising.

Soldato

Night kid!

Your an ass, And the Olympics show that the UK can actually do something without making a mess of it like I thought it was going to be.

Soldato
:eek:

Wow I was only in this thread a few hours ago and was on page 3 or something.

Personally I thought the closing music montage was cack. The use of the leds by the seats was good although they should have used these more often and only seen good use at the closing ceremony.

I liked two things from the closing ceremony:

1) The Hackney (black) taxis and use of leds when the Spice girls used them.

2) The bit where Eric Idle came on ;)

Watched it until the bit where Boris held the flag, waved it and passed it to the IOC guy and then onto the Rio Mayor. Headed outdoors after this to try to catch the fireworks.

Soldato
Your an ass, And the Olympics show that the UK can actually do something without making a mess of it like I thought it was going to be.

How am I an ass? I've explained my position, no one has bothered to counter it. Instead you guys just want to insult me for not feeling some ridiculous sense of pride because I happen to be British.

Ignore him, he's consistently being an ass tonight and is looking for a fight.

Consistently? Care to demonstrate that one?

The games might be over but Ahleckz has still managed to win a gold medal for being the grumpiest poster on OcUK, congratulations.

Grumpier than Fox? Surely not! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom