CM Hyper 212 EVO TIM Application

Soldato
Soldato
I envy you, my chip is stuck at 4.3GHz :( Pushed any higher (regardless of voltage) I cant even boot into windows...
But yea, great result for the cooler for such a high OC!

Associate
In your BIOS go to: M.I.T > Advanced Frequency Settings > Advanced CPU Core Features > Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage

But to be honest, I would also set Line-Load Calibration to something other than Auto. Probably Level 4 or 5 would help.

What's your vCore set to in BIOS?

Soldato
My motherboard only has dynamic Vcore, I have it set to -0.060V and CPUz shows 1.248V when running Prime.

I will try to tinker with LLC tomorrow, thanks for your advice! Not too hopeful though - I've read that z68ap-d3 suffers from Vdroop so high OCs are often beyond it...

Associate
My motherboard only has dynamic Vcore, I have it set to -0.060V and CPUz shows 1.248V when running Prime.

I will try to tinker with LLC tomorrow, thanks for your advice! Not too hopeful though - I've read that z68ap-d3 suffers from Vdroop so high OCs are often beyond it...

Try setting vCore to 1.3v for x45 multiplier. So that probably a -0.005v offset with LLC of Level 4. (LLC corrects for vdroop)

Leave PLL Overvoltage disabled unless you have trouble booting into windows.

Soldato
I've got one of these on my 2600k, Asus P8Z77 mobo. I've got my external fans off to keep fan noise down / off. Just the evo, GPU fans and PSU fans are running

GPU is a 7950. For far my idle is CPU is around 36 and load is never above 50

Mobo temps are idle 30 load 40 (everything at stock ATM)

I just put a pea size on the middle of the cpu and carefully balanced the clamping down.

Hope that helps out.

Soldato
Try setting vCore to 1.3v for x45 multiplier. So that probably a -0.005v offset with LLC of Level 4. (LLC corrects for vdroop)

Leave PLL Overvoltage disabled unless you have trouble booting into windows.

Tried it, but no luck. I found out that my mobo doesn't actually have levels settings for LLC- it can only be set to "on" or "disabled". So tried with that enabled - does not boot into windows, tried PLL Overvoltage "on" -same result. Oh well, I can only find refuge in thinking that extra 200Mhz would hardly be noticeable anyway ;(

Cheers for trying to help!:)

Back
Top Bottom