Soldato
Am I getting good FPS in COD as follows

P4 3.4 1GB ram 6800GS 512MB AGP 500/1200

Running COD 2 1280x1024 AL 4x AF16

Russian Ave FPS 26.171
British Ave FPS 33.582

Cheers

Man of Honour
Dunno, does it run and feel good to you? Sounds quite low average framerates to me, but one mans smooth is another mans slideshow when it comes to gaming, all down to personal preference.

Caporegime
that isnt that good to be honest - turn off AA you dont really need it, to be honest i dont run it in any of my games and i have an x1800xt, i have everything else on full tho and i never notice jaggies

Soldato
as someone who used to play cod 2 online, ive replaced my pc with a shuttle and sub standard parts, so now i get 30 fps, you really cant be very good online at this sort of speed

Soldato
Try these commands they might give you a little better fps.

/cl_maxfps 333
/com_hunkmegs <half your ram>

If your not bothered about how good it looks then yeah use DX7 but seems you are with everything turned on.

I play online with my team every day (too many hours ><) and i have all turned off and use DX7 and i get average of 180-200 fps on a 6600GT. If anyone wants commands for a better ping online just ask ^_^

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
R34P3R said:
Try these commands they might give you a little better fps.

/cl_maxfps 333
/com_hunkmegs <half your ram>

If your not bothered about how good it looks then yeah use DX7 but seems you are with everything turned on.

I play online with my team every day (too many hours ><) and i have all turned off and use DX7 and i get average of 180-200 fps on a 6600GT. If anyone wants commands for a better ping online just ask ^_^

Thank you will give it a try, how do you bring up the console?

Associate
I went back to using DX7 mainly because I got tired of being blinded by the sun in DX9.

So many times I heard people on rooftops above me when I look up to take a shot I can't see a damn thing and end up dead seconds later :(

Man of Honour
WatchTower said:
True but then it looks like an N64 game.

Still looked good to me with everything else maxed *shrug*

In my opinion the dx9 features aren't worth the framerate tradeoff unless you have very fast hardware (high end crossfire/sli setups). I found that DX7 in 1600x1200 max settings ran about 150% faster than DX9 in 1152x864 medium settings. Yes, I have seen direct comparison screenies, and it's still not worth the hit IMO.

The image below shows the kind of performance he will getting in DX9 - and remember this is AVERAGE, not minimum fps (which is likely to be far lower, maybe 15 or below):

cod212804aa4af.gif

pl.

pl.

Associate
tim_enchanter said:
I've not been able to get any console commands like that to work since the 1.3 patch :(

have u installed the patch right

or

make sure that the console is enable the patch might have disable it

btw have u been putting / infront of the commands

Soldato
pl. said:
have u installed the patch right

or

make sure that the console is enable the patch might have disable it

btw have u been putting / infront of the commands

The question should be, why have you installed the 1.3 patch at all. It's really bad tbh.

Back
Top Bottom