COD: Black Ops III

Soldato
I'm seriously loving multiplayer in this game. Cant ever cry BS about anything. Level design is more brilliant the more I learn the maps. Movement is nicely weighted and balanced.

I still suck, but I'm getting there. And unlike when I played on console, I'm not huffing and puffing about BS kills or whatever every other minute.

Associate
I picked up this game as I wanted a multiplayer FPS to play, I haven't played a CoD game since the original Modern Warfare (CoD4). Any tips on how to actually not die every two seconds in this game? I spawn and then I'm dead, don't even get chance to react sometimes.

It seems a lot more fast-paced than back in the CoD1/CoD2/Modern Warfare days, everyone fannying about running across walls and jetpacking. What's up with that? Back in Modern Warfare I wasn't too bad and could generally keep an even K/D ratio, now I just appear to be terrible.

Soldato
I haven't played this since the weekend of release and now i suck!
You were pretty decent when we played together.

I've gotten better. I'm hovering closer to 1:1 K/D like I'm used to, but still have my awful matches here and there.

I made a pretty big fix today that I didn't realize was so huge - turning off 'Enhanced Pointer Precision' in Windows and in my mouse settings. I'm much more accurate now, though I've still gotta work on situation awareness quite a lot.

Soldato
I picked up this game as I wanted a multiplayer FPS to play, I haven't played a CoD game since the original Modern Warfare (CoD4). Any tips on how to actually not die every two seconds in this game? I spawn and then I'm dead, don't even get chance to react sometimes.

It seems a lot more fast-paced than back in the CoD1/CoD2/Modern Warfare days, everyone fannying about running across walls and jetpacking. What's up with that? Back in Modern Warfare I wasn't too bad and could generally keep an even K/D ratio, now I just appear to be terrible.
So glad to hear that I'm not the only one.

Learn the maps and learn the new movement mechanics.

I'm still pretty terrible at hitting jumping targets, though. CSGO mofo's make short work of me. :)

Soldato
You were pretty decent when we played together.

I've gotten better. I'm hovering closer to 1:1 K/D like I'm used to, but still have my awful matches here and there.

I made a pretty big fix today that I didn't realize was so huge - turning off 'Enhanced Pointer Precision' in Windows and in my mouse settings. I'm much more accurate now, though I've still gotta work on situation awareness quite a lot.

We'll have to have another game. I played a couple of games this evening and came in the bottom 3 in all attempts.

Associate
im not doing great, ive got up to 1:1 k/d, im putting that down to pc players in general being better players than consolers, also cant complain about BS kills compaired to console, servers are good ping nearly always 30-40's, definitley better paced than a few previous cods, reminds me of waw pace and i loved that game.

Soldato
Do you guys play a lot? None of my PC friends like CoD so I usually always play solo. Hasn't stopped me racking up almost a thousand hours over different instalments of the series but would be fun to play with people on a regular basis.

Tempted to buy it this weekend as it sounds positive and I loved BLOPS2, especially the pick 10 system

Soldato
Can someone please trust me their appmanifest_311210.acf file or the text in the file from the steamapps folder. I'm having trouble getting steam to discover files so i need a copy of this file from someone with the game fully installed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can someone please trust me their appmanifest_311210.acf file or the text in the file from the steamapps folder. I'm having trouble getting steam to discover files so i need a copy of this file from someone with the game fully installed.

Do you still need this?

Soldato
Nuketown is no longer there.

Also why do people insist on rotating between A and C in domination when we have just caught B?

Just protect B and one of the others and you win, simple.

Instead you will get A and then B, everyone then runs off and dies trying to get C, it's not needed.

Soldato
Playing with a FPS cap of 58 solved my mouse lag issues.
I'm also using Process Lasso to automatically keep the .exe priority at high.

I still get the occasional 'fps drop' drop, even though the actual FPS never moves from 58, but it's much better than before.

Back
Top Bottom