Cold Calling Scum!

Associate
Sorry, just felt the need to post this after what just happened,

*Phone rings, pick up*

Cold Caller: Hello, is so & so there (people who do not live here)

Me: 'Who is this?'

Cold Caller: 'This is ideal homes, am I speaking to so and so?'

Me: 'No, they don't live here.' *Hang Up*

Few seconds later... *Phone rings, pick up*

Cold Caller (speaking quietly) *******'s, ******* ****'s, who do you think you are, im coming round...

*Hang Up*

I'm pretty angry that anyone could be so absusive when they bothered to call me. Scum. :mad:

Permabanned
Well to be fair, it sounds like you were rude to them at first.

Still doesn't excuse their level of abuse but perhaps your slight obnoxiousness pushed them over the edge after a day of being talked to like ****? :)

Associate
OP
GTO said:
Didn't you try 1471?

Sometimes they forget to hide their number.

I did. With held number.

iCraig said:

Still doesn't excuse their level of abuse but perhaps your slight obnoxiousness pushed them over the edge after a day of being talked to like ****? :)

Imo, I don't have to speak to them. I was polite enough to tell them those people don't live here and hung up. He went the extra mile and called back to just be plain abusive, dont forget the threat either. I would call 'Ideal Homes', but there seems to be a lot of them under that name.

Associate
OP
tenchi-fan said:
Call the police. It might get them fired.

Have now, doubt it will do much, they said they will contact BT to ID the caller number. Also called BT who have identified and logged the number, although not released it to us.

To the cold caller, hope you get fired ;) .

Soldato
Van_Dammesque said:
I pick up and cover the mic so they are waiting for me to say something, then they keep saying "Hello? Hello?", that hits them where it hurts, in the pocket as they are using up their money!

do they really keep saying hello for over a minute ? :p

i usually just hang up anyway

Associate
iCraig said:

Rude? Obnoxious? To a cold-caller?

If you ring people out of the blue, trying to flog stuff that 99% don't want, don't you think it's rude, obnoxious and thoughtless to disturb people like that?

I have no time at at for cold callers, especially those that ring at dinner time because they know that their best time to catch people. It's also the best time to interupt people's meals, and if they're lucky, I'll just hang up. If not, they'll get treated to a lengthy discourse on exactly what I think of them.

If some cold caller was pushed over the edge by Alu's response, he'd probably go into a homicidal frenzy at mine. Pushed over the edge??? Don't cold-call people, then. Because some people, like me, are likely to do anything and everything I can think of to make the call as thoroughly unpleasant as we can.

Associate
got hit with one yesterday as soon as they started talking I hung up.

the thing that gets me is that they usually ring just after I have renewed my phone contract and offer me another phone :confused:

asking them where they got my number from is always fun, sometime they hang up before you do

Back
Top Bottom