Collection agency want +£500 for a London congestion charge that I paid over a year ago....!

The secret to avoiding bailiffs is to not open the door. Also helps if you don’t own anything.

This I have 3 addresses all with different accounts, doctors, car, council tax etc.

Also I don't own a thing at any of the addresses. DVLA is at my mums address so is my bank accounts and credit, Doctors is at my exes address, and the only thing registered to where I actually live is council tax and gas and electricity.

You need to move about and screw them over.

I got a letter sent to my mums from a british gas debt from 2003. lol :D As its statute barred and not on my credit file.

Also you acknowledged the debt by getting in contact, big mistake that a lot of people do.

Have you not watched Can't Pay We'll Take It Away? There's a point at which they can break into your house and take what they want. More importantly, they work on the principle of guilty until proven innocent, so if you can't show an ownership document for anything in the house, you can't prove that it's not yours and therefore they will take it.

Had a similar problem with car tax.
Changed my address on every other account, driving licence etc but forot t stupid v5c piece of paper (its a terrible system in digital age).

With no tax disc I just plain forgot. It was nearly 6 months overdue when I went to check my Mot status online and saw it. I rang them up stright away. I was lucky I was still in the low fine bracket. I almost browned my pants when I saw it, knew the fine could have been 1k and may have even missed a court summons!

Why can't they email you this stuff it's insane

I don't own anything, even my mobile phone is not in my name. I also have access to another flat right next door with nothing in my name, so if anything went pete tong I could shift everything there in minutes.

I do pay all my bills mind you so am not worried.

But I can basically disappear in a instant.

Last edited:
I don't own anything, even my mobile phone is not in my name. I also have access to another flat right next door with nothing in my name, so if anything went pete tong I could shift everything there in minutes.

I do pay all my bills mind you so am not worried.

But I can basically disappear in a instant.

Any bills you pay will probably have been logged with credit reference agencies fyi. Water bill? 100% on file.

Although you are right....you shouldn't phone or directly deal with these people. Only ever writing to debt collection agencies. This advice isn't mine it's from moneysavingexpert.

When I become God Emperor Moderator, this kind of awful advice will result in a ban. My word.

When I become God Emperor Overlord, Lord of the Emperors I will make it mandatory to do all you can to evade unreasonable fines. People should pay their way, but that does not mean increasing fines 100's of %. It doesn't deter those who don't give a damn, and largely effects people that can't afford it.

Fines should never be sold on. You've never contracted with the person standing on your doorstep demanding x amount from you. All they have essentially done is paid your fine for you. Thx m8.

I don't like the system we are all in so I have to have an escape route, backup plan so to say.

Its only since I split up with my ex that am now on the system so to say.

It would cost more money to any company to chase me for debt than what I owed.

Try catching a fly. lol :D

Because he's a single cell organism that can be very easily eradicated. As you might have guessed, he's not a brain cell.

Wrong I have an IQ of about 137 and nearly got in to Mensa but did not score enough points in the test.

Never judge a book by its cover. ;)

Last edited:

That's a derogatory statement but I will let it pass.

With 1111001001010110.

Am out now because you are all busting my balls.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom