Colour problem with Dell S3222DGM monitor

Associate
Brand new, arrived yesterday.
Every single shade of blue (literally typed "shades of blue" in Google) appears purple.
I have tried Windows calibration.
I have fiddled about with the monitor's hue, saturation and colour settings.
Downloaded the latest driver.
Nothing will make blues appear blue. I can't even tell the difference between new or visited hyperlinks the problem is that bad.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks in advance!

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Associate
OP
dogdisaster (what a username) seems to have some sort of solution here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-monitor/fc307145-6739-4ee6-a4bd-76dfe80a39e8

Please let us know if this fixes the issue!
Hey Zefan, cheers for the quick response.
I did actually see this suggestion earlier, but it didn't resolve the issue.

I ended up contacting Dell customer services via Whatsapp, and I was blown away: One of their support staff resolved the issue in 5mins by remotely accessing my system... At nearly midnight!

While he did resolve the issue, he didn't really explain the process very well other than bookmarking an article from Dell's knowledge base about changing resolution, colour settings and font size. Literally all he did was change resolution, then change it back, then a restart and the blues appeared blue!

Man of Honour
Most puzzling, glad to see Dell delivering good support there though!

Most importantly thanks for coming back with your route to a solution. I don't know how many times I've found my issue posted on some far flung forum and it's marked as solved or just never responded to :(

Last edited:
Associate
OP
After using an AOC Q3279VWFD8 32" IPS monitor for over 5 years, I gotta say... I'm not impressed with the colours on this monitor. They seem so washed out? I know that this is a characteristic of VA panels but I didn't think it would be this bad.

Considering returning it and going for something else 32". Any recommendations for around the same price??

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Are you using it alongside another monitor or on its own? Not to diminish your experience, but I find if I'm comparing monitors I can't stand differences as they are like night and day, whereas if using them isolated for longer periods of time it all just becomes the same.

Associate
OP
At the moment on it's own, however earlier I set it side by side with the AOC and the difference was so clear. I did however notice the washed out colours straight after switching it on for the first time (without the AOC to compare).

Associate
I had exactly the same problem with my S3222DGM as the OP. I changed the resolution, font size and colour depth and rebooted just following the suppport guys instruction rather than with any hope of it solving the issue. Rebooted and problem solved! (no idea why though).

For anyone who has a similar problem - the website was Dell Support

Back
Top Bottom